Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 77042
The Field Service Mechanical Engineer is a field-based employee who provides mechanical engineering support on wind turbines at different customers' wind farms. The Engineer will interface with the customer and crew on-site to oversee the maintenance and commissioning of the wind turbine mechanical components. This position requires employees to work on a contractual basis at wind farms located in Texas, for a period of six months.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Provide engineering support for V47-660kW wind turbine mechanical components
• Supervise the installation and maintenance of mechanical components (generators, gear boxes, bearings, hydraulics, etc.)
• Perform inspections of mechanical components to verify within acceptable specifications
• Interface with internal/external customers and crew to communicate field findings
• Record field finding data for analysis, trouble-shooting and writing reports
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar field
• Prior Field Service Engineer experience on wind turbines is required
• Familiar with reading/interpreting technical drawings/diagrams
• Strong communication skills for field report writing and customer/crew interaction
• Technical understanding of wind turbine mechanical components
Start July 30
$145 per diem
$60 per hour
53 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.