Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Owners rep Electrical Project Engineer experience supporting large Wind projects
Experience interacting with EPCs
Major RFP background for acquisition would be preferred
Wind farm experience is more important than the RFP/Acquisition experience
2.5 year Wind projects, through 2020
Hope to have the acquisition completed by EOY
Spring of 2019 the EPC project begins
They will typically work 40 hours but could go up to 55-60 hours/week during construction season
Pay is 1.5 for OT
Hiring as soon as they find the right person (off of phone screens)
The primary role will be to support the development and execution of a new large-scale wind powered electric generating facility located in Michigan. The Wind Project Engineer is responsible for engineering, design, and delivery of grid connected wind generation systems on time and on budget.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Development, administration, and oversight of a wind farm EPC contract.
• Development, administration, and oversight of a major wind turbine generator purchase agreement contract.
• Review and approve submittals. Coordinate the response to requests for information (RFI) Support all site permitting and site logistics and planning
• Consults with the project construction organization concerning design constructability as related to field conditions, sequencing and scheduling of construction activities.
• Consults with project management concerning schedule, budget, and contractual terms as related to engineering deliverables. Support the development of technical specifications and bid documents for engineered equipment, materials engineering, and construction contracts Support the project in the evaluation engineering, vendor and contractor capabilities
• Responsible for the oversight of detailed design documents by the Engineer of Record, either by internal project engineering staff or by contracted services.
• Identify, analyze and recommend corrective actions to technical issues identified in the field during project execution or initial operation.
• Develop and/or review engineering drawings and calculations that detail plans and specifications for wind construction projects.
• Support testing and commissioning of new wind generation facilities.
• Communicate effectively with a vast group of stakeholders to ensure all technical aspects of the projects are completed per the safety, scope, schedule, and budgetary objectives.
• Attend and/or lead project coordination meetings.
• Participate in the closeout of projects including turnover of project files and record documents at project closure; captures lessons learned.
• Wind project development support including site feasibility studies, conceptual engineering design, and cost estimating support.
The following skills and experience may set you apart from others:
• Experience in Wind Generation system design, permitting, construction, commissioning, operation, or maintenance.
• Experience with EPC contracts
• Experience with interconnecting wind generation to the electric transmission system.
• Experience in project management including the oversight of scope, schedule, and budget.
• Experience in procurement of engineered material, equipment and professional services.
• Experience coordinating and developing contract documents, specifically engineering drawings and technical specifications for both consulting and construction services.
• Advanced Electrical Engineering degree from an ABET accredited university.
• Professional Engineer (PE) License.
Bachelor of Engineering degree from an ABET accredited university.
Division supports: Electric Grid integration and generations
Capital projects for the fleet
They are currently in the middle of a RFP for additional Wind Generating resources
Working to finalize the acquisition
The Engineer would assist procurement and sales to finalize the RFP and acquisitions, then they would be the owners rep to coordinate with the EPC contract brought on to support the work
15 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.