Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Oak Brook,
Country: United States
Client is an electric delivery company providing service to approximately 3.8 million customers across Northern Illinois. Client manages more than 90,000 miles of power lines in an 11,400-square-mile territory.
Electrical types of estimates include the following: Transmission underground and overhead 69kV to 765kV. Distribution underground and overhead 4kV to 34kV. Substation upgrades and substation build out, including control house work, and civil underground work.
• Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in transmission and distribution electrical estimating
• Ability to read/interpret detailed prints and specifications for conceptual, lump sum or unit pricing.
• Ability to perform take-offs, compare unit pricing
• Underground utility construction estimating experience is a plus (i.e. gas, water, telephone, electric).
• Previous experience in estimating transmission, distribution, and substation systems required.
• Must be fluent with Microsoft computer packages. Experience with WinEst estimating software or other computerized bidding software is mandatory.
• Supports and contributes to the development of Conceptual, Phase 1, 2, and 3 project cost estimates in a standard Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) format with all required assumptions that support development of current and LRP budgets.
• Prepare standard WBS estimates and assumptions with documentation of confidence factors ranging from study to construction phases of project.
• Prepare side by side analysis of estimates upon request to provide lessons learned and to generate parametric values.
• Supports, contributes, and implements the standardization of estimating standards required to develop better processes with the Project team.
• Applies applicable standards, methods, processes and practices, business fundamentals, and performance metrics in the electric, distribution, transmission, and substation areas for all cost estimates.
• Strong understanding of design drawings and detailed engineering and construction prints. The ability to calculate job requirements from design documents, including quantities, resource hours, duration, limitations, etc.
• Conduct modeling, forecasting, trending, variance analysis, and other estimate-related financial and implementation analysis.
• Track, maintain, analyze and provide current estimating information on scorecard or key performance indicators. Prepare, update and maintain standard material and labor unit costs to support estimate creation and database updates.
Compensation: Pay and per diem $595/week
28 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.