Environmental HAZ Technician (6445463)
Posted by: Aerotek on August 11, 2018 at 03:40:01.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 94601
Our client is looking for Environmental HAZ Technicians to support our Industrial Services/Emergency Response and Waste Management service lines. We are expanding our teams in the East Bay area and are looking for candidates with a 24 or 40 hour HAZ Cert.
Our client is an elite, dedicated environmental services company with a commitment to their clients' success by partnering on environmental compliance issues and impacting business growth and health through cost-effective solutions.
- Be safe in all company related activities.
- Attend On-the-Job safety training and comply with corporate H&S policies and requirements.
- Travel to and perform environmental tasks as directed.
- Operate industrial equipment (non-hazardous and hazardous waste during field work)
- Assist in loading and handling hazardous and non-hazardous materials
- Inventory and properly label hazardous waste
- Respond and be available for on-call emergency responses and after hours' projects.
- Daily activities include moderate to heavy physical activity
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by management
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 24 or 40 hour certification
- Ability to handle hazardous materials safety and under proper training
- High school diploma. Secondary education, a plus.
- Willingness and ability to work safely and efficiently.
- Being a TEAM player.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time as needed.
- Willingness to be part of a response team during off hours up to 25% of the time.
- Ability to obtain Hazmat and tanker endorsements within 60 days.
- Ability to be medically cleared for hazardous materials site work, including the ability to wear respiratory protection and chemical protective clothing.
- Ability to work outdoors in hot or cold conditions.
- Able to perform in high-stress situations while wearing chemical protective clothing.
- Knowledge of equipment including, but not limited to: tractor-trailers, roll-off boxes, tankers, end-dump trailers. Training will be provided.
Ability to lift up to 50lbs regularly and up to 75 lbs on occasion.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
49 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.