Inventor Administrator-Mechanical Designer (6452343)
Posted by: Aerotek on August 10, 2018 at 03:40:05.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 35203
Our client is the largest utility provider in the south and provides services to over 1.4 million homes. As a full service utility provider, they have done business for over 100years, with unparalleled opportunity for job growth and stability.
Top Three Skills:
Autodesk Inventor and Vault
BIM-Building Information Model (3D)
- This position is responsible for development, coordination, maintenance and administration of an inclusive library of Autodesk Inventor 3D parts and assemblies.
- Competence in Inventor development and design is a must. The person is going to be responsible for coordinating the program from start to finish and teaching this Inventor program to others whom are not as BIM experienced. As they are moving from 3D design into the BIM 3D aspect.
- The position will be responsible for the quality assurance of visual and dimensional integrity, as well as the accuracy of all data associated with each part and assembly. You can consider this an Inventor librarian, in the sense of understanding where each of these files needs to be distributed within the setup and flow of data association.
- The job may require field visits to existing substations, as well as travel to attend meetings other satellite offices and utility sectors within the company.
- Creating high quality 3D substation parts and assemblies based on company approved parts and design standards daily.
- BIM (Building Information Modeling) of Mechanical designs.
- Assure, assist, and participate in a utility industry 3D substation design association, while teaching others.
- This job may require field visits to existing substations, as well as travel to attend meetings in either Atlanta, Birmingham, or at other utilities. Some overnight travel may be required.
- Any experience installing or setting up Inventor for a company is extremely valuable. 3 years or more experience with 3D BIM Modeling software is strongly preferred.
- Education within Autodesk Inventor and Vault or certification is highly preferred
- A high school diploma is required, but a two year degree or high from a technical school or university is preferred. (Relevant experience will be considered as an equivalent to a degree)
- 3D parts creation and library administration experience is preferred.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office products is required.
- Experience using AutoCAD 2012 or higher is preferred.
- Competitive to Market and negotiated based on experience.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
25 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.