City: Lake Mary
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 32764
Title: Control Systems Service Engineers
Location: Orlando area, FL
Salary: Depends on Experience
Terms: Direct Hire, Permanent position
Control Systems Service Engineers are responsible for the technical service support of electronic control systems used on gas turbines. Control system service activities include evaluation of operating issues or enhancements, adjustment of turbine control settings, logic changes, and / or hardware modifications to the instrument and control system to improve operability and unit reliability of the gas turbines. The products supported include CPUs, data highways, software, and electronic devices (positioners, switches, routers, instruments, etc.). The Control Systems Service Engineer II is an intermediate engineering position that requires knowledge of the engineering principles related to control and electrical systems and experience in the application of these principles. In this role the engineer will demonstrate the capability to perform normal work assignments without requiring detailed instruction, and will be given some degree of technical authority in their work assignments. The engineer will also be given assignments of increasing technical difficulty while working under the supervision of more senior engineers or management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Support the evaluation and enhancement of control system operations with an increasing scope of responsibility. The Control Systems Service Engineer II will perform routine work assignments with limited supervision and will actively work to increase product knowledge and skills;
• Prepare functional logic descriptions, in English text form, extracting the functional requirements from P&IDs, system descriptions, component specifications, and other plant design documents to define objectives of control system modifications, noting the reason for the logic change and the basis for making required changes;
• Review operational data from the affected GTs or other similar frame applications to identify the current operating characteristics that will be used as a benchmark for development of control system enhancements, utilizing PI, Excel or other data acquisition software;
• Prepare design documents including SAMA logic drawings, specifications, work procedures, checklists, validation or test plans, and as-built drawings per MHPSA procedures that are required to achieve the operational improvements;
• Provide diagnostic support for resolution of issues by performing root cause analyses and recommending improvements to control system logic or hardware including HMIs, CPUs, software, instruments and actuators.
• Provide technical support to field service personnel on the judgment or interpretation of design criteria for Diasys UPV & Netmation, Ovation, and WDPF control systems;
• Support communications with MHI control system engineers to obtain consensus on logic and hardware modifications and to promote unified control system applications.
• Make suggestions for product and service improvements that will increase customer satisfaction with Mitsubishi products and services;
• Support ISO 9001 audits and compliance efforts, and where possible, enhance the documentation and configuration control methods in use by Gas Turbine Service Engineering;
• Ensure products meet or exceed MHPSA and customer requirements;
• Support the development and training of the Control Systems Service Engineer – 1 with technical project support and guidance.
• Availability for work after normal working hours, weekends, and holidays as required;
• Perform other such duties as may be required.
Education and/or Experience: MS [preferred] or BS degree in Computer Science, Controls, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university, or a minimum of eight (8) years directly related work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement. A minimum of three (3) years of work experience, including logic programming and hardware configuration associated digital control systems is required (some work credit may be given for MS or PhD degrees based on the relevancy of course and related project experience).
136 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.