Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 60652
ComEd an Exelon Company is currently accepting applications for qualified JourneymenOverhead Linemen/Troublemen/Overhead Electrical Specialist in a variety of locations in theNorthern IL area.
The Job ID is:213490
ComEd is one of Americas largest utilities. The company is headquartered in Chicago with more than 3.8 million customers across the northern Illinois region. In 2012, ComEd launched one of the largest grid modernization and Smart Grid programs in the nation, supporting thousands of jobs and driving innovation to meet evolving customer needs.
Benefits and Compensation:
ComEd offers a highly competitive compensation program including 401k with matching and a separate pension. ComEd also offers spouse, dependent, and domestic partner health benefits.
In this position you will restore service, perform maintenance and construction work, and perform switching operations on the transmission and distribution systems; instruct and train an Overhead Electrician when assigned to assist; assign and coordinate work so as to properly safeguard employees, the public, and the property of customers and the Company; and perform related work as assigned.
Candidates must have at least 3.5 years of Journeyman; Overhead Lineman experience.
Must have a thorough understanding of operating and construction standards.
Successful completion of the EEI CAST Test (Construction and Skilled Trades).
Successful completion of a technical evaluation and behavioral interview (Must successfully complete the EEI CAST Test, if not previously taken we can administer the test for you). Ability to successfully climb a 40ft utility pole
Valid CDL with Class A Driver license
Typical examples of the duties are:
1. Restoring service or eliminating trouble on the transmission and distribution systems, including customers equipment, involving determining the equipment at fault and making permanent or temporary repairs by performing such work as cutting conductors in the clear, replacing or repairing poles and attachments, conductors, transformers, and other devices and equipment, transferring loads to other circuits, and connecting emergency transformers and generators.
2. Performing routine maintenance work on the transmission and distribution system, involving such duties as replacing or repairing poles and attachments, transformers, and other devices and equipment, including temporary grounding, pulling slack, trimming trees, washing insulators, maintaining equipment in designated vaults and electric service stations, and assisting in identifying, testing, and phasing underground lines.
3. Performing overhead or underground residential type distribution work and such light construction work as installing or removing services and single-phase meters, installing and removing conductors, poles and attachments, transformers, street lighting fixtures, and other devices and equipment.
4. Performing switching operations, under the direction of a dispatcher, on the transmission and distribution system, including street light circuits, and at distribution centers, electric service stations, designated network centers and unattended substations, involving operating such equipment as switches, love line clamps, voltage regulators, circuit breakers, fuses, and other electrical devices.
5. Inspecting lines and equipment, distribution centers, electric service stations, and designated network centers, recording instrument readings, and reporting maintenance and repair work needed.
6. Instructing and training an Overhead Electrician assigned to assist; and preparing various reports such as hours worked, material and equipment required, work performed, and field repairs needed.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
107 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.