Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
State: Washington DC
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 20019
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for the prioritization, scheduling, detailed planning, coordination and execution of all regional corrective, preventative and predictive maintenance tasks, capital projects, switching evolutions and tests associated with all work disciplines. Responsible for development, forecasting and monitoring of regional electric and gas operations budget. Accountable for ensuring alignment of work plan with regional budget, business performance goals, regulatory priorities and reliability objectives. Accountable for developing and communicating detailed budget and work plan performance reports to the regional operations lead. Maintain work plan alignment with total budget, and associated O & M and Capital targets. May be responsible for compliance to regulatory commitments (NERC, FERC, etc. ). Responsible for the implementation and monitoring of the Work Management policies, programs and processes. Responsible for developing and maintaining an environment that promotes diversity and inclusion and high performance.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Responsible for the prioritization, scheduling, planning, preparation and execution of all regional corrective, preventative and predictive maintenance tasks, projects, switching evolutions and tests associated with all disciplines.
- Responsible for the implementation and monitoring of the Work Management policies, programs and processes. Accountable to implement a work process for Exelon operations that optimizes resources, addresses operational priorities, and ensures alignment with Exelon financial, customer, reliability, safety and performance goals. Ensure regional work plan schedule for Exelon field operations optimizes resources, allows for emergent workload with minimum impact to schedule, addresses operational priorities, and ensures alignment with Exelon financial, customer, reliability, safety and performance goals. Support the peer group process to ensure adoption of best practices into standard processes.
- Responsible for development of regional business plan and budget. Responsible for ensuring that the regional work plan aligns with the budget O & M and Capital targets. Responsible for forecasting, re-forecasting and monitoring regional budget. Accountable for developing and communicating budget and work plan performance reports to the regional operations lead.
- Develop and implement key performance measures, controls, and procedures to ensure the consistent application of the Work Management process across Exelon Energy Delivery and instill accountability for adherence to the process and completion of planned work. Ensure organizational adherence to schedules, milestones, key performance measures, controls and procedures for consistent application across operations of the Work Management process, and instill accountability for adherence to the process and completion of planned work.
- Apply a standardized model to drive resource sharing and provide decision-making and accountability for proper resource shifts. #CD# Interface with other departments in Exelon and represent Work Management regarding process and procedural issues.
- Develop and maintain a learning organization that fosters a high performance culture and promotes diversity. Serves as a change agent for business initiatives and assures the human element is understood and considered including timely recognition of employees. Provide leadership to and development of the regional work control team. Use effective performance management to provide accurate and timely feedback and identify opportunities for growth and learning.
- Provide direction and maintain direct authority over the regional work planning function to ensure effective execution of key planning process deliverables
(i. e. on time, high quality work packages).
- Academic/Formal Training: Bachelors Degree in Business or related field.
- Job Related/Experience: At least 8 years of industry experience and 5 years general management experience.
- Specialized Skills, Knowledge, License Requirements/Registrations, Etc. :
- Proven leadership ability in a high performance culture.
- Proven high level management skills in coaching and facilitating business competency.
- Proven performance management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively and foster culture change.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement process enhancements and efficiencies including technology and performance.
- Demonstrated business acumen, customer awareness and ability to create value.
- Working knowledge of Passport and Project View Applications.
- Extensive knowledge of utility operations.
- Experience in working with contract vendors
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of utility industry financial strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results, build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively and foster culture change within a matrixed organization.
- Graduate Degree or Graduate level work in Business or Organizational Dynamics.
- Project management and operations experience
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
176 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.