Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 20817
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Directs and is responsible for optimizing the practices, policies, procedures and programs to operate the electric distribution system in a safe, reliable and efficient manner with the welfare of employees, customers, the public and shareholders in mind. Manage the Operations Control Center training, planning and clearance activities. Focus on operational excellence in establishing switching routines for scheduled and emergent work, system monitoring and loading, and system restoration during emergency events.
Establish OCC policies and procedures related to distribution system clearances, safety tagging procedures, and managing system risks to support the safe operation of the electric and gas distribution systems.
Manage the planned clearance writing process with OCC Work Management, DSO Field Supervision, and OCC Shift Managers. Develop and maintain an environment that promotes safety, diversity and high productivity in attaining business goals and objectives. Maintain and apply a working knowledge of the Exelon Management Model for business controls and meet managements expectation for conducting effective business.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage Operations Control Center training and clearance activities following establish operating practices and procedures for scheduled and emergent work, system risk, system integrity, loading, and system restoration. Manage clearance-writing personnel and maintain proper staffing levels consistent with distribution system activity levels. Resolve resource constraints. Oversee the Operations Planning and System Engineering budget.
- Manage the Work Management process and the switching and blocking schedule. Direct the Work Week Managers, Schedulers and Planners in the development and execution of the DSO Work Plan.
- Oversee the development and management of all contingency/emergency plans, including restoration of power activities, power quality, system configuration, customer issues, load management, and system restoration activities. Establish and facilitate evolution of technical platforms (OMS, Passport, SCADA, Mobile Data, Automated Metering, Communications, Customer Systems, GPS, etc. ), to drive top performance.
- Develop and sustain a culture that fosters high performance culture and a learning organization.Provide leadership in promoting a safe, motivated, productive, diverse workforce. Establish policies and procedures to provide direction, guidance and assistance to clearance writing personnel and system engineers on distribution system operation.
- Provide leadership to the Clearance Writers, System Engineers, and Recloser Team. Provide timely and accurate feedback regarding performance and operations. Conduct performance planning and appraisal process and identifies opportunities for growth and learning. Facilitates open and honest communications, assures upward communication, and drives self-critical assessments fostering a learning environment.
- Provide communication, coordination and direction to resources required for the planning of work schedules across all regions and DSO. Exercise decision-making authority for internal planning priorities. Provide conflict resolution. Establish and monitor project performance measures. Resolve and communicate project and individual performance issues.
- Interface with other departments in EED and represent OCC to other business units regarding electric planning schedules. Manage communications and interfaces with internal and external customers including other utilities, major customers, and regional municipalities.
- Provide an Emergency Management leadership role for the DSO.
- Bachelors degree in engineering, management or related field
- At least 8 years Distribution System operations experience
- Demonstrated understanding of electric and gas Distributions System Operations and support systems
- Demonstrated Emergency Management Oversight skills
- Graduate degree in business or related field
- Demonstrated leadership ability in a high performance culture
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively and foster culture change
- Demonstrated business acumen
Qualifications- Designated authority responsible for the safe, reliable operation of the Electric Distribution System including Network Operations, 138kv, 69kv, 34kv, 12kV and 4kV lines and substations. ; Responsible for the preparation, scheduling and execution of planned switching and clearances.
- The consequences of operating errors, inaction, or improper system operation could cost the company millions of dollars in direct, indirect, and intangible costs. ; Actions have direct impact on energy delivery Operations schedule execution and system integrity.
- Contacts: Regular interaction with senior management, other departmental management, major customers, and community organizations, and electric distribution industry groups.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
194 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.