Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: Mays Landing
State: New Jersey
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 08330
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITIONManages a team of Engineers and Supervisors that direct field crews for maintenance and capital construction services for the South NJ area substations. Leads and directs the personnel and the activities of the T & S "Fix it Now" Team, Predictive Maintenance Team, Oil Labs and T & S Maintenance Assistant. Responsible for emergency response and repair of Transmission and Substation components.Responsible for the coordination and timely execution of the Predictive Maintenance programs defined by Asset Performance and Investment Strategy. Ensures consistent application of predictive thermography, oil sampling, diagnostic testing, and acoustic monitoring.Responsible to lead the execution of associated minor maintenance. Responsible to direct performance of the Dissolved Gas Analysis Test whereby dissolved gases detected in the oil of a transformer are used to help determine internal degradation issues and overall health of transformer.Responsible for environmental stewardship for Transmission and Substations.Assure the focus and attainment of business goals and objectives. Develop and maintain an environment that promotes diversity and inclusion, and high productivity.Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Primary owner of first response of Transmission and Substation components to insure safe, timely and efficient repairs.
- Manages execution of T & S predictive maintenance program.
- Provide leadership to and development of the work team. Provide accurate and timely feedback regarding performance and operations. Conduct performance planning and appraisals. Identify opportunities for growth and learning. Manage bargaining unit employees.
- Manages execution of Oil Labs to meet customers Dissolved Gas Analysis Test needs.
- Manages environmental stewardship and cleanups for Transmission and Substations.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or related field AND 8 - 10 years experience in Transmission and Substations, or in lieu of Bachelors degree, a minimum of 12 years experience in Transmission and Substations.
- Broad knowledge of company, department policies, objectives, strategies, and goals function being managed applicable governmental laws and regulations.
- Good oral and written communication skills, ability to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively, drive execution and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated business acumen, customer awareness and ability to create value.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or related field
- Five years previous experience as a supervisor or manager
Direct a work force of 30 employees responsible for the emergency response and repair of Transmission and Substation components. ; Responsible for the coordination and timely execution of the Predictive Maintenance programs defined by Asset Performance and Investment Strategy. Ensures consistent application of predictive thermography, oil sampling, diagnostic testing, and acoustic monitoring. ; Responsible to lead the execution of associated minor maintenance. Responsible to direct performance of the Dissolved Gas Analysis Test whereby dissolved gases detected in the oil of a transformer are used to help determine internal degradation issues and overall health of transformer.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
73 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.