Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Reply to Recruiter via Text Msg: 4125281589
Senior Engineer - Electrical
Westborough, MA, US
*Local Candidates Only - no per diem or relocation offered*
The Senior Engineer position is responsible for overseeing executing power systems study and design projects from start to finish in compliance with industry and company standard practices and procedures. The Senior Engineer will review job/project specifications and changes, assist with the execution of the project and work with project managers to coordinate project specific resources. Additional responsibilities include providing both technical and sales support as needed to others inside the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Demonstrates consistent proficiency through daily updates and related job execution communications.
2. Leads interaction with other functions and locations to determine optimum solutions.
3. Remains current on all safety and technical training.
4. Works with CAD staff developing and/or updating client electrical drawings including one lines, wiring diagrams, and schematics.
5. Reviews field data and perform, coordination, short circuit analysis, and arc flash studies.
6. Provides technical insight with regard to substation systems and electrical power systems.
7. Adheres to all company, industry and client safety protocols and standards.
8. Assesses project specific resource needs and coordinates assignments with project manager.
9. Communicates core technical job requirements.
10. Supports immediate supervisor on planning and organizing workload to ensure the most effective return on assets.
11. Coordinates with the Engineering Manager on the master engineering resource schedule as well as forecasting upcoming engineering requirements/needs including non-job related training schedules.
12. Manages expenses against project budgets and makes recommendations to reduce expenses.
13. Coordinates proper project handoff between sales and operations/engineering.
14. Participates in project kickoff meetings to discuss work scope, project specifications, budgets, schedules, and safety requirements with project team.
15. Effectively communicates with other departments to assure activities are properly coordinated.
16. Ensures timely and accurate invoicing for all engineering projects by providing all paperwork in a like manner; these include Service Acknowledgement Forms (SAFs), weekly time keeping, documentation of change orders, test reports, and other documents as required by the project deliverables.
17. Consults and coordinates as necessary to utilize suppliers with the capabilities to meet material and equipment needs for shop and field activities. Responsible for expediting and resolving issues regarding material and equipment availability.
18. Oversees all required documentation and records related to assigned projects on file in the proper location for reference and backup.
19. Trains and mentors junior engineers.
4-7 years design engineering or primary power distribution and related protection and control schemes. Understanding and application of NEC/NFPA 70, ANSI C57, ANSI C37, and NESC in the design of substations and industrial power. Sustained successful performance at the Electrical Engineer level.
Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form; deal with problems involving several concrete variables.
Ability to add, subtract, and divide all units of measure. Able to perform computations involving power.
Ability to read company manuals and reports, workplace rules and procedures; speak with poise and confidence, using correct English.
Education: PE recommended, NETA Level II recommended
“Empyrean Services is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled)”
15 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.