Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Reply to Recruiter via Text Msg: 4125281589
Senior Engineer - Field
Full Time Field Engineering Westborough, MA, US
**Local Candidates Only - no per diem or relocation offered**
The Senior Field Engineer is responsible for performing engineering design and implementation activities to fulfill customer orders. This includes technical and engineering support of field work, and office work performing design and generating reports. The Senior Engineer is expected to have the ability to lead complex design and construction projects from the office and the field.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides oversight, review, and verification of engineering design.
2. Understands and provides technical capabilities for testing relays, circuit breakers, transformers, motor control equipment, and related switchgear, including synch check, and point-to-point verifications.
3. Experience with and understanding of protection and control schemes is required.
4. Proficient with transformer theory and application.
5. Knowledge of rotating equipment theory.
6. Proficiency with DC control schematics and AC-3-line schematics.
7. Proficiency with metering configurations.
8. Supports the sales effort assisting with estimates, quotations, and job walks including augmenting the quote group with application engineering.
9. Remains current on all safety and technical training.
10. Able to design in AutoCAD or similar system.
11. Performs arc flash studies, coordination studies, and short circuit analysis (load flow analysis, grounding & lightning protection studies, infrared scans, etc.).
12. Experience with Paladin, Easy Power, or SKM required.
13. Provides design leadership with regard to substation systems and electrical power systems. Understanding of and application of NEC/NFPA70, ANSI C57, ANSI C37, and NESC in the design of substations and industrial power.
14. Assesses project specific resource needs and coordinates assignments with project manager. Communicates core technical job requirements.
15. Initiates plans and processes which minimize project costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, and materials. Assures attainment of business objectives and production schedules while ensuring product standards that will exceed customer's expectations.
16. Coordinates with the Engineering Project Manager on the master engineering resource schedule as well as forecasts upcoming engineering requirements/needs including non-job-related training schedules.
17. Oversees projects from start to finish for process discipline and compliance with Company standard practices and procedures.
18. Coordinate proper project handoff between sales and operations/engineering.
19. Participates in project kickoff meetings to discuss in detail work scope, project specifications, budgets, schedules, and safety requirements with project team.
20. Effectively communicates with other departments to assure activities are properly coordinated.
21. Ensures timely and accurate invoicing for all engineering projects by providing all paperwork in a like manner; these include Service Acknowledgement Forms (SAFs), weekly time keeping, documentation of change orders, test reports, and other documents as required by the project deliverables.
22. Consults and coordinates, as necessary, to utilize suppliers with the capabilities to meet material and equipment needs for shop and field activities. Responsible for expediting and resolving issues regarding material and equipment availability.
23. Oversees all required documentation and records related to assigned projects and files in the proper location for reference and backup.
24. Trains and coaches new engineers on all of the above.
25. Adheres to all company, industry and client safety protocols and standards.
“Empyrean Services is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled)”
18 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.