Machining and Welding Supervisor (321670)
Posted by: BHI Energy <email@example.com> on December 12, 2018 at 09:17:01. Click here to reply to this post via Email.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 29673
Location: Various locations throughout the US. This position will be based out of the BHI Energy office in Piedmont, SC. No relocation required.
BHI Energy is seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented, well organized individual to assist the Hydro division with field welding and machining associated with hydro projects. This individual will be responsible for all technical, logistical and commercial details associated with field welding and machining that is typically required in support of Hydro unit rehabilitation. This individual will help BHI develop proposals and execute field projects including work scheduling, training, logistics and management of personnel to ensure safe, smooth, and effective support for the client's needs.
Other functions and responsibilities that can be expected from this position shall include but are not limited to:
- Pursuing Excellence through 'The Gold Standard' by actively supporting internal policies and practices, including risk management, project management, and quality management
- Manage contract tasks, track and manage costs and schedule, and implement measures necessary to stay on schedule and within budget
- Assist multi-disciplinary teams on proposals, planning and execution for hydro projects
- Ability to layout cavitation repair, perform on site machining and develop repair plans for various types of hydro turbine components - both imbedded and rotating
- Develop welding and machining techniques, processes and procedures in support of both welding and machining operations
- Establish project objectives, procedures and performance standards
- Identify appropriate resources and skill sets to achieve project objectives
- Develop Client relationships to facilitate project activities
- Develop internal and external networks to identify additional talent and promote BHI Energy
- Other projects as business need dictates
Education and Experience
- Minimum 8 years' relevant experience of welding/machining on hydroelectric power projects
- Strong project management skills, with experience in organizing, planning, and executing projects from pursuit through closeout, involving internal personnel, contractors and vendors
- Experience in client service management
- Experience in leadership, including defining and setting the direction for a team, project, and office; strategy development; change management; and corporate stewardship
- Proficiency in problem solving, and risk management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
National travel will be needed.
151 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.