[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 518206
Posted By: ReNuke Services
Posted On: 2019-03-17 00:04:01
Email Address: Recruiter@renuke.com
Subject: [Electrical Designer] DNJP6179 – ENGINEERING DESIGN ASSOCIATE – LONGWOOD, FL – 12 MONTHS
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
DNJP6179 – ENGINEERING DESIGN ASSOCIATE – LONGWOOD, FL – 12 MONTHS
• The Engineering Design Associate will provide work management system, Design Tool data entry and general support to Designers as part of engineering and construction planning process.
• Candidates are expected to have strong computer systems knowledge and have the capability to work with independence.
• This position is accountable for providing accurate and timely work results which support safety, reliability, storm restoration, and cost management while providing quality customer service.
• Perform Design Tool entry, work management system and general support to Designers and management of system queues;
• Enters projects as requested into the work management system using Designer field notes, templates, and/or Expert Designer or other methods.
• Applies standard designs to lower complexity corrective maintenance work, follow-up work, and/or other routine program work;
• Assists the Designers with general work order preparations, particularly for overhead and underground revenue work, major projects and other maintenance / program work;
• Copies/translate sketches/notes from Designers into appropriate format for attached construction prints on work orders in the work management system (e.g. Residential, small commercial and lighting)
• Completes work orders that do not require a field visit or guidance from a Designer. (e.g. temp services)
• Verifies/completes the dependencies in the work management system prior to releasing job(s); Assists Designer with updating work management system for status, project comments, or customer comments and contact information
• Communicates and coordinates with internal/external customers
• Performs customer calls as requested for various work management system tasks and coordinates with responsible parties regarding right-of-way, site ready, schedule, re-schedules,
• Contribution in aid of Construction (CIAC), invoices, site delivery; Compiles, reviews, and prints reports from work management system as needed;
• Contacts customers to confirm project details and schedules (depending on Enable)
• Assists in managing communications for Designers such as creation/scheduling of customer outages and letters, manually generated invoices (CIAC), and other general communications with customers as necessary
• Communicate, coordinate, and develop solutions for a broad range of requests between Designers and Schedulers, Construction & Maintenance (C&M) Specialists, and others as needed (ex. phone number lookup to in-depth work management/design tool changes);
• Reports job status details to Designers, C&M Specialist, and/or contract construction crews as needed;
• Handles customer information system inquiries and centralized group requests
• To and from requests from centralized subdivision design;
• Supports designer with obtaining information out of customer information systems;
• Engagement/Safety and other
• Prepares for and provides storm support as needed
• Supports Human Performance safety culture through active participation in safety meetings
• Follows ergonomics and office safety guidelines
• Supports corporate initiatives Demonstrates a commitment to continuous learning and development
• Associate Degree OR 2-4 years of work experience using a computer in lieu of a degree
• Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
• Demonstrated proficiency in computer-based work management systems
• Demonstrates excellent customer skills
• Possesses effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Collaborates effectively in a team environment
• Exhibits flexibility and dependability during storm events and regular work
• Effectively manages stressful situations
• Associates degree in technical field of study
• One to three years of providing customer service support
• Knowledgeable of Power, Quality, Reliability & Integrity processes, work management system, and related computer applications
• Experience using computer-based drawing tools.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
14 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.