[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 518267
Posted By: Aerotek
Posted On: 2019-03-14 10:40:01
Link: Click here to apply
Subject: Design Technician (6735831)
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 28202
The roles are focused within the Utility Industry; and gives you exposure to both the office and field! This is a long term opportunity with a well-established client in the NC market. The culture is awesome, family oriented, laid back and supportive. There is opportunity for growth and development. For those looking to break into the drafting / design field or gain more experience this is the perfect opportunity! This position is perfect for someone with 6 months-3 years of Auto-CAD or micro-station experience.
- This position will be supporting the Distribution work for an electrical utility.
- Responsibilities include survey, overhead/underground line locating, inspections, testing, and documentation of power distribution, ROW, compressors, and other related facilities.
- Complete design task for associated utility design projects. Tasks include but are not limited to drafting, engineering calculations, easement validation; design/construction cost estimating & permit package development.
- You will utilize micro-station for estimating and design. This software system will allow you to select materials.
- The ability to review Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for update or conflict.
- They will initially pass off the design work and partner with senior Designers and ultimately work on projects independently.
- They will be in the office up to 80% of the time. The trips in the field will be around the Charlotte area. This will be a mix of office and field work.
- Associates degree in drafting or Associates in Engineering Technology
- Field experience
- Experience Reading blueprints
- Exposure to Auto-CAD
- MUST be comfortable with the field
- Reliable transportation required
- Must have interest in the energy/utility industry
- Utility, telecommunications or related industry drafting/design experience
Please reach out to me directly if you are interested.
Benjamin A. Scott
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
55 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.