[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 521167
Posted By: Myriad Technical Services
Posted On: 2019-04-21 00:04:01
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: [Civil Engineer] Civil Engineer (19525)
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: District of Columbia
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 20068
Reply to Recruiter via Text Msg: 6308649036
Job Title: CIVIL ENGINEER
Location: Washington D.C.
• Candidate will be responsible for performing civil design calculations for foundations of heavy electrical equipment. The heavy electrical equipment are oil filled transformers, breakers, disconnect switches regulators, reactors etc.
• Perform steel structures design and analysis, drainage and spill prevention calculations.
• Perform civil detail design work using micro station software develop CAD drawings for all type of major and minor capital projects for switching and substations.
• Make critical design decisions and provide solutions for replacement of failed equipment on emergency basis.
• Develop estimates for civil design work for new and emergency projects.
• Review work performed by 3rd party.
• Provide detail design directions to A.E companies.
• Initiate procurement of structural steel for new projects.
• Review and approve permits drawings and construction drawings and assure that all engineering standards, construction standards and safety codes are met.
• Provide support to construction group during construction phase of the project to assure timely completion of project within defined scope.
• Prepare design drawings for obtaining permits, shall have familiarity with utility best practices, structural steel standards.
• Be available during system emergencies or weather related incidents.
• Act as liaison between Architectural Engineering companies.
• Candidate must have B.S in Civil Engineering or equivalent current 10-15 years of experience in designing foundations, performing steel structures analysis and other miscellaneous civil work for major electrical equipment and bus supports for substations and switching stations.
• Design and specifying modular control house buildings.
• Candidate shall also have experience in designing and calculating drainage, spill prevention of hazardous fluids and containments within substations.
• Candidate must be proficient in using and making CAD drawings on Micro Station.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
2 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.