[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 524271
Posted By: ESG International, Inc
Posted On: 2019-05-19 00:04:01
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: [Civil Engineer] Civil Substation Engineer-North Carolina
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Start date is June 10th
Duration is through January 2020 with possible extensions.
The Senior Substation Engineer (Civil) will provide technical design support and Quality Assurance checks for power delivery projects for distribution energy storage/micro grids consisting of substation civil engineering drawings and calculations within Grid Monitoring Control and Intelligence within Grid Solutions. This role requires the ability to support multiple projects and provide client interface. Additionally, this role requires excellent written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work independently. The Senior Engineer manages work in engineering areas of specialization, with minimal supervision. The Senior Engineer is expected to develop advanced skills and to have the ability to work independently, with guidance limited to unusual or complex projects or issues. Employees in the Senior Engineer position are fully competent in the use of concepts and procedures. The Senior Engineer identifies problems, develops solutions and takes action to resolve.
• Responsible for technical review and delivery of substation engineering design projects under the direction of Sr. team leaders.
• Review/update construction drawings and documents for high voltage substation projects meeting client standards and requirements.
• Review/update one-line diagrams, three-line diagrams, schematics and wiring diagrams, physical layouts, electrical elevations, plans (foundation, grounding, and raceway), and bills of materials including selection and specifications for non-standard equipment and associated calculations to support system design.
• Responsible for providing weekly updates to Sr. team leaders and/or project managers on milestone progress, estimated completion dates including percent completion of activities and supporting information to monitor project progress.
• Support technical response and provide input on hourly estimates for proposal development to include performing site visits for scoping.
• Able to fulfill assignments that require independent judgment and evaluation.
• Apply engineering design principles and practices including formulas.
• Able to work with minimal supervision while completing assignments that require independent judgement and evaluation.
• Develop your career via peer-learning through sharing of knowledge with other experienced designers and engineers.
• Travel to client sites as needed. (less than 25% travel is anticipated).
• Coordinate work with staff engineers.
• Five (5) or more years of experience in the substation design field.
• Masters in Science or Engineering.
• Civil or Power Systems Engineering Background.
• Substation Physical Electrical Design Background.
• SCADA applications.
• Substation Grounding Analysis to include proficiency with CDEGS and WinIGS a plus.
• Proficiency with CAPE or Aspen a plus.
• Proficiency with CAD software (MicroStation and AutoCAD).
• Project scheduling.
• Financial management (Project budgets).
• Consulting experience.
• Construction experience.
• Substation inspection and documentation experience to include quality control during construction.
• Documented direct experience with high voltage substation design (15kV through 500kV) activities such as preparing one-line diagrams, three-line diagrams, AC/DC schematics and wiring diagrams, physical layouts, electrical elevations, plans (foundation, grounding, and raceway), and bills of materials including selection of non-standard equipment and writing equipment specifications. etc.
• Knowledge of substation physical equipment
• Knowledge of electrical and civil engineering practices and principles applied to substation design and construction
• Knowledge of Protection and Controls design
• Capable of developing detailed construction documents and drawings based on concepts, verbal direction and/or sketches.
• Ability to interpret and apply standards including IEEE, IEC, NESC, and client standards.
• Experience with managing documents for large construction projects.
• Experience in reviewing design drawings created by others (QA/QC).
• Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple assignments under budget and time constraints.
• Demonstrated managerial and leadership skills leading small project teams.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to work and communicate effectively with team members, clients and management teams across different geographical locations and time zones. Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated technical writing and reporting skills.
• Proficiency with MS Office applications.
• Proficient in engineering theories and principles
• Proficient in practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations, and preparing and presenting recommendations,
• Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in principles of project management
• Registered Professional Engineer (PE)
• Experience in the utility industry
• Office environment
• Field Site Visit
• Graduation from a four-year college or university with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET accredited program or state registration as a Professional Engineer. A Master's degree in engineering will be considered in lieu of the B. S. engineering degree.
• Registration as a Professional Engineer
Minimum of 10 years of engineering experience Desired Qualifications 8-10 years of work history in Utility Substation Design
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
3 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.