[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 526595
Posted By: TRC Companies
Posted On: 2019-06-16 00:04:01
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: [Distribution Engineer] Distribution Designers Needed, California
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: Concord, Sacramento, San Diego, Fresno, Irvine
Country: United States
Under the direction of a Distribution Designer III or experienced staff, The distribution designer will perform detailed design of overhead and/or underground electric distribution systems. This work includes the preparation of field notes, drawings, specifications and design estimates.
Overview of Duties
• Design and prepare independently, construction orders related to overhead, underground facilities associated with electric distribution systems applying prescribed standards, guides, specifications and procedures.
• Contact landowners and/or their agents, to negotiate agreement of Rights of Way (easements) for proposed utility equipment. Obtain necessary contact and tax map information for easement processing.
• Apply the client's standards, guidelines, specifications, practices and procedures or appropriate industry standards in preparing layouts of overhead and/or underground electric distribution facilities.
• Prepare design sketches, cost estimates, bill of materials and any other required documents and reports for construction and maintenance projects.
• Assist in the performance of load studies on distribution transformers, investigate circuit overloads and voltage complaints to determine necessary corrective action.
• Prepare and submit required reports and correspondence.
o Utilize client and company information systems to track and update design activities.
o Shall have a working knowledge of the practices and procedures pertaining to technical matters in electric distribution design.
 Assist in the gathering of information from field notes.
 Perform tasks such as digitizing, copying and scanning of drawings, prints and maps.
 Assist in the acquisition of field data.
 Achieve weekly billable goal as defined by the project guidelines.
 Perform other duties as assigned.
• Distribution design experience
• 0-1 years minimum
• Power background is preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
6 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.