[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 526610
Posted By: Aerotek
Posted On: 2019-06-11 10:40:01
Link: Click here to apply
Subject: Design Technician (6841839)
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 45203
Title: Design Engineer
Location: Cincinnati, OH
50% of the time will be drafting and designing electric distribution lines within Autocad/microstation.
50% interacting in the field with various customers, taking progress photos, measurements, etc.
- Design two dimensional blueprints for the grid to be installed by Duke Energy
- Model utility poles to calculate tensions and angles of conductors to prevent any injuries from occurring either during the pole installation or at any point during the pole's life
- Estimate costs of labor and equipment used in individual jobs
- Travel out in the field to verify equipment locations and take note of any electrical conflicts
- Perform quality assurance and quality control duties to ensure other designers have produced adequate drawings for the customer
- Assist in the training of new employees to ensure they have a thorough understanding of what is expected of them of them in their day to day work duties
- Weekly management meetings on project progression and any job-related issues
- Project management and work delegation for the underground electrical network division
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
48 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.