[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
DNJP6913 – ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST 2– CINCINNATI, OH – 12 MONTHS – NO PD
• Engineering Technologist II. Provide technical expertise to prepare thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches.
• Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities.
• Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
• Maintains accurate records and files.
• Role will be utilized to perform validation of utility GIS and DMS system model of substations, circuits, conductors, switches, meters and automated devices with existing field conditions.
• Role will be interfacing with GIS field validation project, smart grid project management, SCADA engineering and grid engineering.
• Model validation will be followed by power flow analysis validation to prepare circuits for volt var optimization project.
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 2 to 4 years of experience and Associate Degree in Engineering Technology or 5 to 10 years equivalent experience with no degree.
• Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Experience in the utility industry.
• Understanding of basic principles of project management.
• Utility Electric Distribution system operations, underground and overhead system design, utility circuit mapping, distribution automation or Distribution Management Systems.
• Familiarity with GIS systems, control and automation, power flow analysis and utility metering a plus.