[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
DNJP6932 – GIS TECHNICIAN – CINCINATTI, OH – 12 MONTHS – 4 POSITIONS
• GIS Technologist I supports the operation and maintenance of the company GIS application by
maintaining, reporting, and posting work or by gathering data to be input by others. GIS Technologist I is
the first level of the classification series, and incumbents at this level are expected to work independently,
or as part of a team, under close-to-moderate supervision, and to develop to advance their skills.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Applies technical expertise in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems in area of expertise.
• Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective time and work management.
• Beginning level of knowledge in understanding and interpreting complex design drawings, property plats,
maps, and other related information as necessary to post data in the Company GIS system.
• Generates and maintains GIS-generated operations maps.
• Conducts GIS and related studies.
• Strives to continually improve job-related, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance.
• Performs work of a higher classification when preparing for advancement.
• Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities.
• Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
• Maintains accurate records and files.
• Supports the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Associate Degree in GIS (or equivalent), or 4+ years equivalent industry experience without a degree.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Experience in the utility industry. GIS Certification.