[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 528330
Posted By: Sirius Technical Services
Posted On: 2019-07-07 00:04:01
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: [Electrical Engineer] E & I Engineer
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 36582
Senior E & I Engineer
Sirius Technical Services is seeking an E&I Engineer for a contract position in Theodore, AL (contract length indefinite). The ideal candidate will be local to the area and have heavy instrumentation experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ability to lead projects and control the design effort to complete projects on time and within budget.
• Experience in a multi-discipline design firm is a plus.
• Must understand when to specify intrinsically safe instruments, non-incendive, explosion proof or general purpose instruments.
• Must understand the difference between loop powered, field powered, sourced and sinked inputs and be able to recognize when certain instruments will not work with a given type of digital input or output card without an interface component such as a relay or signal converter.
• Must able to read instrument literature and IO card literature and check components for compatibility and make sure the loop wiring is correct and complete.
• Electrical experience desired developing one lines, specifying transformers, panelboards, VFDs, UPS, sizing wire, cable, and conduit.
• Must have a familiarity with the NEC and be able to check designs for compliance with the rules in the NEC. Experience with SKM or ETAP is a plus but not required.
Educational & Experience Requirements:
• 10-15 years of experience
• Comfortable writing instrument specifications, working with instrument vendors and suppliers as well as the process engineers and client process engineers to get process data.
• Cadd experience is a plus
• Excel, Word, Microsoft office suite.
• Proven capital project record
• DCS or PLC upgrade projects a plus
• PLC programming a plus but not required.
• Experience both reading P&IDs and assistance in developing P&IDs during the scope development phase of the project.
• Familiarity with process control methods and the cost effectiveness of different sensor types.
Interested candidate should send resumes to Hannah Quinn for further consideration: Hannah.email@example.com
Sirius Technical Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
62 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.