[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
DN6963 PROJECT MANAGER II CHARLOTTE, NC 11 MONTHS NO PD
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION for DEOM Engineer (Distributed Energy Operations & Maintenance):
· This role will support the Distributed Energy Operations & Maintenance (DEOM) team within the GSP Distributed Energy, Enablement & Storage (DEE&S) group.
· This role could provide a combination of any/all of 1) Operations expertise, 2) Project management support, and 3) Technical solutions for the full Distributed Energy Resources (DERs - batteries, microgrids, and solar) asset life cycle including; design, development, deployment, operations, and maintenance. OPERATIONS SUPPORT:
· This role will assist with the development of operations process and procedure documentation as well as the development of monitoring & reporting metrics. This position collects and analyzes data, tracks trends, and recommends actions as required using PI Historian.
· This role helps maintain Operational Safety Standards and develops and nurtures operating relationships between the Distribution Control Centers (DCCs), FSO, Transmission, Grid Solutions, and others.
· This role helps develop and maintain Training procedures and could participate in field activities as required, including asset commissioning activities. A portion of their time could be spent ensuring vendor maintenance activities are satisfactorily completed per contract terms and conditions. PM SUPPORT:
· This position may help manage multiple Green I or Green II projects per the Project Management Center of Excellence Project Profile Matrix.
MINIMUM OF 9 YEARS OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE.
Graduation from a four-year college or university. Proficient in project management principles.
Masters - business (MBA), project management, or equivalent. Utility Technical Certifications/Training; PMP or CAPM Certification; CMII/Construction Certifications; Professional Engineer License.
Working knowledge to proficiency in project related Scheduling/ Cost Controls.
Experience in utility industry.
Knowledge in construction management. The Project Manager II may have relationships with individuals in various organizations ranging from individual contributors to Senior Department Leadership (i.e. individual contributors up to executive management).
This role will support project development objectives; evaluates project proposals and estimates, project schedule(s), coordinates activities and resolves project development issues. Supports Project delivery objectives; evaluates engineering deliverables and initiates appropriate corrective actions, supports controls Integration, assists telecommunications development at DER facilities. TECHNICAL SUPPORT:
· Analyzes company functions, processes, and activities to improve computer-based business applications for the most effective use of money, materials, equipment, and people.
· Utilizes available computer systems resources and personnel to carry out analysis to support management's quest for performance improvement.
· Reviews and analyzes information, forecasts, methods, schedules, systems, processes, and procedures.
· Determines most useful business solutions for the company. Recommends alternative solutions to management as to courses of action that best meet the organization's goals. Performs duties concerned with the design and improvement of computer-based business systems.
· Works closely with senior managers to identify and solve a variety of computer-based business system problems.
· Analyzes requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing business systems.
· Confers with personnel of organizational units involved to analyze current operational procedures and identify problems.
· Solicits from management symptoms of problem, formally defines the problem, breaks problem into component parts, and gathers information about each of these parts from a variety of sources.
· Selects the most appropriate analytical technique. Utilizes several study techniques including simulation, linear and nonlinear programming, dynamic programming, queuing and other stochastic-process models, Markov decision processes, econometric methods, data envelopment analysis, neural networks, expert systems, decision analysis, and the analytic hierarchy process.