[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 529561
Posted By: Aerotek
Posted On: 2019-07-11 10:40:01
Link: Click here to apply
Subject: Protection and Control Testing Technician (6868758)
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 35020
The major job responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform operational checks and tests on various substation equipment
- Knowledge of microprocessor, electromechanical, relays controls, current/potential transformers, power circuit breakers, regulators, power-line, carrier radio, traps, and tuners
- Troubleshoot and perform preventive and emergent maintenance on previously listed substation equipment
- Operate and interpret readings from test equipment such as digital multi-meters, digital oscilloscopes, insulation testers, relay test sets, and radio frequency measurement equipment
- Verify that wiring construction work is performed in accordance to detailed design print documentation
- Document all completed work in accordance with policies and procedures
- Provide technical guidance and direction to other groups on protection and control issues
- Respond to system problems during after hours on-call rotations
- Provide top level customer service to internal and external customers
- Electromechanical or microprocessor protection relay installation and testing is desired
- Microprocessor IED and/or PLC technology installation and testing is desired
- Field experience commissioning and/or maintaining electrical equipment is desired
- Basic understanding of electrical protection and/or control circuitry is desired
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
52 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.