[Electrical Technician] Distribution Engineering Technician
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Distribution Engineering Technician
Job Summary: Position requires self-motivated, detail-oriented individual for planning and conducting independent/team work within the electric utility industry. Apply problem solving skills to prepare drawings and compile work order documentation following client specifications, compliance to applicable codes and accepted engineering practices.
• Broad knowledge of engineering disciplines, including design and constructability as applied to construction methods and materials, and the economics involved preferred.
• Manage individual projects, address issues, maintain schedules, and create project reports
• Develop a thorough knowledge of pole structure data, attachments and assets to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local codes.
• Preparation and modification of electrical and roadway drawings, specifications, calculations and construction drawing packages
• Maintains production and quality of projects, including field data, photographs, engineering analysis and reports.
• Maintain effective communication on projects
• Use engineering and design computer software to complete assigned work: Electrical analysis software, Microsoft suite, Utility Company internal software etc.
• Develop a working knowledge of the National Electric Safety Code (NESC), electric utility construction standards, and telephone, cable and other communication facilities.
• Analytical competence to interact with variety of individuals including engineers and experienced distribution system designers.
• AutoCAD and/or GIS Skills desired.
• Proficiency in reading and understanding technical drawings and specifications preferred.
• Possess a working knowledge of the practices and procedures pertaining to technical matters in electric distribution design preferred.
• Experience in similar power systems audit, layout, technician, or design role preferred..
• Proficiency in MS Office programs preferred.
• Self-starter who can work with little or no supervision, strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly. *
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled