[CAD/CAM Technician] CAD Drafter
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
General Description Of Position
The Drafter/CAD Technician references sketches, notes, and other input from electrical designers and engineers to prepare and finalize drawings utilizing AutoCAD and MicroStation in a fast-paced environment that demands accuracy and proficiency.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Work closely with senior design engineers to develop electrical drawings using AutoCAD or MicroStation.
• Be familiar with the practices and procedures pertaining to technical matters in at least one or more of the following areas: Electrical Engineering, Instrumentation and Control, Construction, Manufacturing, Substation Design, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Surveying, GIS and Mapping or PLS CADD.
• Maintain a working knowledge of internal and client CAD standards and the drawing database.
• Revise or prepare drawings (CAD and manual) with accuracy and attention to detail.
• Assist in the gathering of survey information and the development of plans and maps from field notes.
• Perform tasks such as digitizing, copying and scanning of drawings, prints and maps.
• Assist in the acquisition of on-site field data to accomplish the design or to monitor and evaluate equipment performance.
• Generate drawing transmittals as may be required.
• Maintain accurate drawing records by entering and maintaining drawing database information
• Self-check all work and check the work of others as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Highly proficient in AutoCAD (experience with 3D platforms a plus).
• Ability to produce accurate work with attention to detail on time and within budget.
• Team oriented and willing to put in the time and effort necessary to see a project through to successful completion. Will periodically require overtime, including weekends.
• Proficiency in MS Office programs.
• Proficiency in reading and understanding technical drawings and specifications.
• Self-starter who can work with little or no supervision, strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
Associate's degree from an accredited two-year college or technical school in computer science, computer aided architectural drafting and design or related field preferred.
2 years total accumulated position related work experience in computer aided drafting or design field preferred.