[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Hours M-F 8am -4:30
Must have experience with Auto CAD and other drafting software.
Designer Assoc - Associate degree (AAS) in drafting and computer aided design (CAD) or in civil, electrical or mechanical engineering technology, or high school graduate and 4 years of experience in electric utility and/or related industrial drafting and/or computer aided drafting work.
Position Summary: Proficient in performing daily work activities with minimal supervision. Proficient level work activities to be performed include: computer aided drafting to prepare and maintain maps, sketches, schematics and other engineering related drawings.
Perform higher level Designer skills with direct to moderate supervision. Higher level work activities to be performed include: preparation of study layouts, design development, cost estimating, peer review of all deliverables defined as proficient work activities, check drawings, peer review, as well as performing other design and engineering work as defined or directed.
1. Plan and coordinate daily work routines as required to maintain efficient production.
2. Create, revise and maintain detailed engineering and record drawings, and sketches.
3. Create, revise and maintain material and property equipment records.
4. Obtain information required to perform work from verbal communication, sketches, marked drawings, listings, field notes, vendors' catalogs technical reference manuals and site visits.
5. Perform mathematical calculations required to accomplish assigned work.
6. Proficiency in the use of computer aided design software.
7. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software.
8. Check work performed by other personnel for accuracy and compliance with all Company standards and methods.
9. Work with other organizations of the company to coordinate the work and assure that it is performed in a safe and efficient manner.
10. Read vendors' prints, shop and other drawings and equipment operating instructions, and incorporate that information into assigned work.
11. Prepare study layouts, designs and original working drawings in accordance with company standard practice.
12. Check designs for strength or conformity to accepted standards and methods.
13. Check manufacturers' prints and shop drawings and other drawings necessary to coordinate work with that of others and with the overall design.
14. Prepare and check bills of material when required.
15. Specify and write purchase requisitions when required.
16. Make cost estimates when required.
17. Furnish work direction and assist in training of employees in related work at an equal or lower level as directed.
18. Assist employees of higher classification as required.
19. Promote and support the Company's Accident Prevention and Safety and Health programs.
20. Demonstrate ethical behavior as outlined in the corporate policies.
21. Support the Corporate Compliance policies.
22. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Requirements: Associate degree in applied science (AAS) in drafting and computer aided design (CAD) or in civil, electrical or mechanical engineering technology and 4 years of equivalent experience. Must be proficient in working with conventional drafting symbols and drafting methods and have the ability to distinguish colors.
Equivalent experience without AAS degree - high school graduate and 8 years of experience in electric utility and/or related industrial drafting and/or computer aided drafting work.
Additional Information: Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and possess and maintain a valid state driver's license. Must meet all vehicle operation requirements as designated by federal and/or state law.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.