[Construction Manager] Substation Construction Manager
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
This individual shall have demonstrated skill in construction project management with experience in managing transmission and/or substation construction site and have knowledge about transmission rebuild and substation installation projects.
Some Duties Include:
• Provide constructability feedback during design and walk-downs
• Review Bill of Materials and assist with managing material availability
• Develop work scope for construction bid documents and assist Project Manager in bid evaluations
• Responsible for the coordination and oversight of all construction activities involved in a project
• Coordinate contracted work activities for centrally managed client Utility projects during installation
• Monitor contractor(s) on safety, cost, quality and schedule performance
• Run safety briefings on construction sites that have more than one contractor
• Initiate Scope Change requests
• Elevate document deficiencies and provide planning support to the project team as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent work experience and a minimum of 15 years of transmission and/or substation construction experience in the electric power industry
• Experience with Word and Excel
• Knowledge of OSHA regulations and client Utility safety policies
• Understanding of Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) procedure and become a qualified Clearance Holder and have the ability to perform Secondary Blocking
• Monitor site construction activities for adherence to client’s Environmental Policy and adherence to client’s procedure PC-PE-9005
• Experienced with distribution line work, leadership and decision making.