[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
Title- Electrical Engineer
If interested email resume- firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration- 12 months
to join the Gas Engineering Support Section. He/she must recognize the importance of Commitment to Excellence and Rules We Live By, be able to provide exemplary customer service, demonstrate a high energy level, and able to handle multiple assignments with changing priorities while meeting deadlines. Strong organizational, teamwork, leadership, interpersonal, communication, and decision-making skills are essential. To succeed in this position, the right candidates must be self-motivated, resourceful and articulate. These individuals will possess a "can-do” attitude, have a clear sense of accountability and understand what it takes to meet customers' needs.
1. Requires either a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, or a Bachelors of Engineering (any major) with a Masters in Electrical Engineering.
2. Must have minimum 6 years' experience specific to the electrical engineering and application of power systems, substations and transmission facilities and gas gate stations.
3. Experience and expertise in application and development of technical principles and practices associated with Electrical Utility systems is required.
4. Professional Engineering license preferred for any electrical work in gas gate stations requiring approval from NYC Building Code, EAB and FDNY.
5. Experience should include electrical design of power generating stations, analysis or operation of power systems.
6. Experience with conceptual design, system planning and electrical analysis is highly desirable.
7. Must be well-versed with Class 1 Division 1 and 2 applications.
8. Strong oral and written communications skills are required for managing projects, making presentations and project conflict resolution.
9. Computer skills are essential.
Candidate will evaluate project requirements; prepare scopes of work, design criteria, construction packages, economic analysis, authorization and appropriation funding requests and engineering specifications. Coordinate projects with users and construction and provide field support. Monitor and report on project status, schedules and costs. Interface with or direct project work teams of discipline engineers and designers. Address outage, safety and environmental constraints as required. Prepares or directs the preparation of equipment, cable and accessory purchase specifications; reviews and accepts manufacturer's proposals and drawings. Serves as Lead Discipline Engineer with decision-making capability, meets with other departments on the erection, testing, maintaining and supplying consultation for the installation of equipment. Responds to emergency calls by operating departments and makes field decisions in his area of responsibility.
* Ensure Company environmental and safety procedures and goals are incorporated into the project designs.
* Create the EH&S Checklist for project installation packages.
* Manage projects in Project Explorer or other work management system CENG may employ.