[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
SRNS 499574 - I&C DESIGN ENGINEER – AIKEN, SC – LONG TERM – NO PD- DUE BY 1/20/2020
Provide design engineering staff augmentation support to SRNS. Primary responsibilities include engineering analysis, walkdowns, design development and generation of design output documents including but not limited to: P&IDs; Control Logics; Loop Diagrams; Instrument Indices; Setpoint Lists; Instrument and Control Valve Specifications; DCS and PLC Design; Instrument Location and Installation Design; Panel Layouts; and Vendor Document Review.
• BS Degree in one of the following disciplines: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, I&C Engineering or current registration as a Professional Engineer in one of the above disciplines. Will consider five (5) years of related design experience (in addition to the required 10 years design experience) as an equivalent to the education or registration requirements.
• The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” security clearance.
• An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties, but if selected, candidate will be notified when to apply for a clearance based on specific work assignments.
• Candidates who have possessed an active DOE clearance (“L” or “Q”) within the past two years are preferred.
• US Citizenship Required
• Candidate must demonstrate ten (10) years of direct I&C design experience (within the last 15 years) in the nuclear or process chemical industry.
• Candidate must demonstrate design experience with process control instrumentation, PLCs and distributed control systems.
• Experience with 2D Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) is required.
• Candidate must be able to perform field walk-downs to document as-installed conditions
• Previous SRS Design Engineering or DOE facility experience is preferred.
A 40-hour work week is scheduled. Company utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8s (8 hours/day; five days per week), 4/10s (10 hours/day; four days per week), and a 9/80s (9 hours/day, five days on week A and 4 days on week B). Work week excludes holidays. Each workday has a 30-minute unpaid lunch.
ReNuke Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.