[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is actively searching for a remote - Substation Designer (Autodesk Inventor) for our client in Houston, TX
• This is a direct hire full-time position
• Remote: able to work remotely from home office
• Competitive compensation and excellent employee benefits
• Design substation field construction and manufacturing shop drawings utilizing Autodesk Inventor.
• Designs will be 50% electrical and 50% structural / mechanical
• Interface with structural engineers and project managers.
• Read and understand layout and detail drawings and technical documents.
• Design and/or check: general arrangement drawings; anchor bolt plans; foundation/grounding plans and details; lightning plans/coverage and shielding; sag and tension drawings/charts; material lists; catalog material for construction reference manuals; tube cutting schedules; bolt counts and structural shop and erection drawings (steel details, pre-fabricated bus details…)
• Substation design experience. (required)
• High voltage CAD drafting (7000 V - 500 kV)
• Experience using Autodesk Inventor
• Steel detailing experience (a plus)
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree Engineering, Engineering Technology, or a combination of education, training, and/or experience in 3D modeling and/or AutoCAD-Autodesk Inventor software will be considered in lieu of a BS degree.
Johnson Service Group is an EEO / An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer