[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
if interested email resume- firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration- 12 months plus
Location- N. Amityville, NY
The Environmental, Health and Safety Associate will be responsible for assisting the EHS Manager in administration, leadership and oversight of all activities related to the health, safety and environmental programs in accordance with OSHA, federal, state, and client policies and procedures. The Senior Associate will work with site supervisors and functional areas to ensure employee safety and environmental compliance. The Senior Associate is responsible for job safety assessments, accident investigations, and compliance auditing.
• Support the implementation and maintenance of an Environmental Health and Safety Management System that conforms to internal and external standards and requirements.
• Assist in deploying programs for the prevention and control of environmental health and safety risks, including compliance with air permits, construction permits, solid and hazardous wastes, wastewater operations, release notifications and all environmental reporting requirements.
• Administer day to day EHS management system requirements, such as audits of EHS equipment, assist in emergency drills, monitor waste activities, completion of risk assessments (JSA's), etc.
• Conduct site wide environmental, health and safety audits and develop appropriate corrective actions, communicate results and follow up on issues or concerns through completion.
• Ensure all environmental, health and safety incidents are promptly reported. Assist in the investigation team, track implementation of correction action plans through completion.
• Participate in review of projects that involve proposed modification of any existing process, equipment or material as well as proposed introduction of any new process, equipment or material to ensure compliance with all general environmental health and safety rules as well as air pollution control, storm water management, RCRA, or other such permitting requirements.
• Assist in site sustainability efforts in line with corporate expectations including waste minimization, energy/carbon reduction efforts, water reduction efforts and wastewater minimization.
• Regularly inform EHS management in assigned area of overall EHS compliance at the site, including outstanding issues, progress on closing gaps, and general areas of weakness.
• Maintains current awareness of applicable federal, state and local and corporate environmental health and safety requirements through participation in professional organizations, professional education and training programs.
• Manage EHS online database input.
• Conduct EHS training per regulatory or corporate objectives.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Science, or similar, and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience.
• Knowledge of federal and state environmental regulations.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent and effective written/verbal communication and organizational and analytical skills.
• Ability to work on multiple projects at one time, maintain flexibility, and work independently.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products at an advanced level.
• Capable of bending, twisting, climbing and lifting up to 45lbs.
• Ability to stand for 85% of hourly shift (shifts are 8 hours).
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Experience in preparing Tier II reports, wastewater and storm water reports, and hazardous/residual waste reports.
• Air quality permitting and air emissions inventory reporting.
• Experience in facilitating Powered Industrial Trucks/Cranes and Hoists training
• DOT/RCRA Certification
• ASP/CSP/CHMM a plus
• Ergonomics assessments and workstation assessments using RULA, Humantech, NIOSH or other industry standard method.
• Experience with Gensuite a plus
• Bi-lingual (Spanish) speaking a plus
• Industrial Hygiene/Indoor Air Quality sampling experience
• CPR/AED Certification