[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Currently looking to add to our Construction Management teams across Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas, and Arkansas. We are specifically targeting local resources with a strong electric utility background (construction of greenfield and brownfield T&D or substation projects). Entergy Retirees please apply!
• Required to have a experience with construction management in the power delivery industry.
• This individual will direct the construction management of the project.
• Aggressively manages and inspects the day-to-day activities of multiple electric contractor crews, for substation and transmission line project work.
• Facilitates the installation of electric infrastructure and ensures that all safety standards, company construction standards, company specifications and governmental regulations are met.
• Manages work to ensure that all performance objectives for cycle time and cost are on target.
• Prior to commencement of construction, coordinates with customer(s) at the job-site to determine specific customer requirements, construction sequencing and provides site readiness verification.
• Maintains frequent and regular contact with contractor supervision regarding job performance and documents results appropriately.
• Knowledgeable about distribution contracts.
• Ensures that the terms and conditions of the contract and technical specifications are met.
• Verifies key unit quantities.
• Makes the necessary field decisions regarding job changes and communicates them as necessary to the Supervisor and Program or Project Manager; documents all job changes to ensure compliance and ensures the updates get documented in the appropriate information technology systems.
• Schedules and coordinates all required electric system outages. Performs weekly safety audits of crews and documents performance in the Asset Suite Safety Audit/Observation Tool.
• Coordinates permit and work-with requirements with 3rd party utilities and permit agencies.
• Reviews and approves all documents submitted by the contractor verifying the accuracy and completeness of the documentation.
• Regularly communicates job status to the appropriate parties to facilitate scheduling commitments.
• Maintains customer coordination during construction phase and conducts job walk-down with customer and contractor at job completion.
• Performs storm duty assignments as needed.
• Reports to service center, job-site or remote location
• Thorough knowledge of Company work, environmental, and safety practices, including a working knowledge of electric operations, and the ability to maintain or obtain switching and outage authorization.
• In-depth knowledge of materials, construction standards, regulations (OSHA), and safety requirements for electric distribution and substation construction.
• Thorough knowledge of PC and job/work management applications.
SKILLS / ABILITIES
• Ability to interpret construction and vendor drawings, feeder prints and job jacket contents.
• Ability to effectively plan, schedule, manage and coordinate daily work activities.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to anticipate and resolve problems promptly.