[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
This position is responsible to develop an electrical system design for gas turbine and generator auxiliary packages through selection and integration of low, medium, high voltage, control and protective relay components for power projects in the Americas.
• Prepare specifications for large 2 pole / 4 pole synchronous generators (Air cooled, TEWAC cooled and H2 cooled) for Power Plant Applications (Gas and Steam Turbines).
• Prepare specifications for auxiliary systems (cooling, lubrication, H2 and CO2 Gas Systems).
• Prepare specifications for generator neutral grounding equipment, IPBs, Line side cubicles, Generator main circuit breakers.
• Prepare specifications for generator starting systems (static frequency starting, excitation systems, etc.).
• Develop single line diagrams for generator protection, metering and control systems.
• Specifying CTs, VTs and protection relays for generator and neutral grounding systems.
• Develop P&IDs for generator and auxiliary systems such as Lube Oil, Sea Oil, Cooling water/air, and gas (H2 and CO2).
• Mechanical knowledge on generators in regards to construction, coupling with turbine / Prime Mover, vibration.
• Prepare specifications for generator modeling, AVR functions, control functions, connection requirements to grid, interfacing with other electrical equipment such as generator circuit breaker, Generator step up Transformers (GSUs), Switchyard and Grid Connections.
• Prepare specifications for generator instrumentations and controls.
• Synchronizing Scheme (Both Auto and Manual) for generator to switchyard and grid.
• Prepare utility list, electrical load list for generators and auxiliaries.
• Design solutions to meet code requirements and customer specifications (ANSI, IEEE, IEC, NEC, NFPA) and to interpret and incorporate these requirements in the design.
• Liaison with generator design team in Japan by providing technical support in attending meetings, preparing drawings and discussing with customers in resolving comments.
• Develop schematic drawings for generator control, protection, metering and synchronizing.
• Specifying electrical panels such as AVR, SFC, protection and control panels, line side and neutral grounding cubicles, IPBs, AC and DC Busducts, SFC & Exc Transformers.
• Preparing Input/Output list and defining interface with other generator systems and turbine control systems and with GSU/Switchyard equipment.
• Support logistics, constructability efforts, Factory Acceptance tests, installations and commissioning.
• Review of drawings / Calculations of Generator and Auxiliaries and to support customer drawing approval process with Customer.
• To attend technical review meetings with customer and to clarify customer comments in drawing approval process.
• Travel - Up to 20-30% Domestic and could be once a Year Internationally.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering required.
• Minimum Five (5) years of OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) exp. or Generator Applications experience in power plants or directly related technical experience.
• Need to have exp. working with Generators larger than 100MVA rated capacity.
Please send resume to email@example.com