[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
BACKGROUND IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING with field, telecom, electrical distribution, fiber optics, surveying
• Responsibilities may include GPS survey, overhead/underground line locating, inspections, testing, and documentation of power distribution, gas distribution, ROW, compressors, and other related facilities.
• Complete design task for associated utility design projects. Tasks include but are not limited to drafting, engineering calculations, easement validation; design/construction cost estimating & permit package development.
• Managing multiple projects in order to assure timely, successful completion for projects resulting in high levels of customer satisfaction and company/departmental goal achievements.
• Ability to review Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for update or conflict.
• Coordinate projects for construction across multiple departments to accomplish timely construction and meet customer, crew member or client needs within a negotiated timeframe.
• Learn and incorporate company safety rules and policies, company design standards and governing authority regulations into daily work and designs.
• Designs will meet all requirements of applicable company safety standards, company distribution construction standards, and governing authority regulations.
• Enthusiasm to be a part of the team and open to learn new skills.
• Unquestioned business and personal integrity.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong work ethic with a desire to work in a production environment.
• Must have own vehicle and ability to travel.
• Local candidates are required as expenses/per diem is not approved for this assignment.
• Authorization to work in the US without restriction.
• Must be willing to travel 30% in the field (gas reimbursement for personal vehicle).
• AAS Degree in Engineering Technology or Design/AutoCAD
• 0-2 years' of electric distribution field experience or related experience (fiberoptics, telecommunications, etc).
• Knowledge of Smallworld and/or ESRI GIS platform.
• Familiarity with local design standards.