[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Plaska Transmission Line Construction, LLC (A division of BHI Energy)
Construction Field Safety Representative:
• Safety, 4 years (Preferred)
• Powerline construction and maintenance, 5 years (Preferred)
• OSHA 30 (Preferred)
• CPR/First Aid Instructor
Full Job Description
Power transmission and distribution line construction and maintenance company is seeking Distribution Field Safety Representative
General responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Executing safety plans at project sites.
• Enforcing policies to establish a culture of safety.
• Evaluating practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the safety rules.
• OSHA compliance training
• Training in CPR/First Aid
We are looking for a reliable Distribution Field Safety Representative with experience in the field of construction and maintenance of transmission and distribution power lines to ensure on site employees comply with safety rules.
Travel is required. Willingness to work at remote sites for extended periods of time.
As a field safety representative, you must have excellent attention to detail to identify hazards. You will also be able to discover opportunities for improving conditions and safety culture. The ability to communicate guidelines to a multidisciplinary workforce is essential.
The goal is to ensure that employees and subcontractors meet all safety requirements and actively support occupational safety.
Ability to complete any required reports as related to safety.
• Travel to job sites to perform safety audits and observe steel erection and safety procedures
• Report back to the Safety Director with findings and concerns
• Perform and document daily JSA and weekly safety meeting with Field Crews when assigned to specific project
• Assist in training events for company personnel and sub-contractors as needed
• Perform accident investigations and assist in root cause analysis
• Excellent organizational and motivational skills
• Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
• Valid qualification in construction occupational safety
• Minimum 5+ years in Structural Steel Erection preferred
• OSHA 30 hour in Construction certification (OTI-510 preferred)
• Expert in construction safety standards
• Experience in Fall Protection, Steel Erection, and Cranes in construction
• All perspective candidates must be able to submit to and pass a drug screen and background check. Please submit your resume through attached link.
• Ability to read/write and effectively communicate in English (Bi-lingual a plus but not required – Spanish)
Job Type: Full-time Hourly – Substantial over-time
• Travel 100% on the road.