[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
NO PER DIEM AVAILABLE
if interested send updated resume- email@example.com
Location- Somerset, NJ
Duration- 2 years
Perform assignments on work related to recording or producing information associated with the construction, operation, and maintenance of Utility Systems as qualified through formalized and/or on the job training.
• Maintain the GIS connected model with information from sources including, but not limited to, work management systems, as-built construction drawings, work orders, completion records, field reports or other information from the job sponsor.
• Perform analysis or queries to assemble data and prepare reports, tabulations, charts and maps from asset information contained in the connected model and various other data sources.
• Produce standard prints and ad-hoc plots for field requests containing specific information derived from the connected model and various other data sources.
• Maintain service point data and the relationship to feeding source transformer.
• Track lifespan of utility asset data, including history, inspection and attachments.
• Resolve conflicting data, mapping, connectivity, and land issues through office or field investigation.
• Perform GIS work pertaining to major projects such as facility relocations, load rearrangement and new business.
• Operate automated office equipment including, but no limited to printers, plotters, duplication machines, facsimile and scanners.
• File records and data pertaining to the work.
• Perform manual or computer aided drafting.
• Operate a car or light truck.
• Assist other employees in plant work, in the field, or in the office.
• Perform other similar skilled work.
Required: 1-2 years of GIS experience (school or work-related).
Must meet the Company's general requirements, and in addition:
• Must have the ability to acquire a thorough working knowledge of:
o The company's business applications.
o Material, equipment, and apparatus used in the work.
o The Utilities' Transmission and Distribution systems
o Various operating and maintenance handbooks and manuals insofar as they pertain to his/her work, including the safety rules and practices set forth therein.
• Must be able to work at various Client locations based on business needs/workload
• Must posses and maintain a valid driver's license to operate motor vehicles in the state of New Jersey.
• Computer skills in MS Office and other Windows applications