[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PIC Group's client is seeking a temp to hire "Electrical Engineering T&D Supervisor with Utility Design (P.E)." to work in Tacoma, FL.
*******Must have Transmission and Distribution experience.
Must haves: *Valid State of Florida Professional Engineer license and Eight (8) years or more Substation and/or System Protection and Control engineering experience in the area of power transmission, distribution, and generation.
*This is a 6 month contract to direct hire (Temp to Perm). Excellent culture and area to live. Great benefits and 401K.
Duties: will work coordinating teams of utility engineers, utility designers and /or engineering technicians in planning, developing, and implementing a number of large and important projects or a project of major scope and importance.
• Supervising engineering work teams
• Supervise technical support specialists in planning, developing and implementing large projects, or projects of major scope and importance.
• Report to a designated manager and work under general supervision without managerial responsibility
• Emphasis (over 50% of the time) on the coordination, motivation, and guidance of professional staff engaged in a single project of large scope and importance, several substantial projects, or controversial projects affecting the effectiveness and viability of the organization.
Tasks to be performed may include:
• Supervise the planning, coordinating, and directing of large and important projects, or a project of major scope;
• Coordinating the preparation, review and approval of engineering analyses, specifications and reports for complex projects; and supervising,
• Coordinating and training engineering groups including Level I- Level IV engineers, technical support specialists and support staff.
• Valid State of Florida Professional Engineer license.
• Four-year college or university with a Bachelor of Science in an Engineering degree / ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology)
• Eight (8) years or more Substation and/or System Protection and Control engineering experience in the area of power transmission, distribution, and generation.
• Experience with Engineering Economic Analysis and Engineering Project Management
• Supervisory training or experience.
• Must meet Florida Board of Professional Engineers (FBPE) requirements as defined in Chapter 471 of the Florida Statute.
• Physical strength and agility enough to safely perform all essential functions
• Experienced/advocate of the use of personal protective equipment ( PPE's) including eye, foot, hand, hearing and head protection.
• North American Reliability Corporation (NERC) standard PRC-005 knowledge and experience
Expected plant activities at different times:
• Performing tasks under varying climatic conditions including extreme heat, working outdoors and/or in confined spaces.
• Working at heights over 100 feet over open grating or from an aerial device.
• Exposure to hazardous conditions and noxious chemicals.
We are proud to offer competitive wages and benefits. Prior to beginning work, all applicants must be willing to submit to a drug and alcohol screen as well as a background check, inclusive of criminal. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted.