[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Senior Electrical Engineer
The Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for developing and implementing their support to the electrical distribution power system with duties that include the analysis of field data and system information to enhance reliability and upgrade existing facilities of the system. The right candidate will use best design practices that minimize in-service asset/component failures, extend equipment life and optimize customer maintenance costs. Candidate will interface closely with client and utilize company, OSHA, and IEEE standards to facilitate design projects. Distribution projects may include but will not be limited to 4 to 12kV conversions, Overhead to Underground conversions, smart grid, cable and conduit design.
· Develop designs for reliability engineering programs as it relates to safety, quality and customer satisfaction
· Perform QA/QC (Quality Assurance) checks on designs and review other engineers’ projects and designs
· Utilize field data to evaluate and design according to engineering standard practices and specifications
· Use risk analysis tools and techniques to evaluate product and system safety issues
· Ability to work in groups and within a team setting
· Help to mentor and develop younger engineers
· Lead the design team on large complex designs, and help resolve design questions or concerns
· Assist group manager in preparation of scoping documents and fees
· Prepare and or review calculations, drawings, and specs
· Identify, collect, analyze, and manage various types of data to minimize failures and improve performance, use failure analysis, and other types of root cause analysis in support of reliability
· Drive technical knowledge sharing and expertise across Engineering team as it relates to reliability methodology and decision making
· Interact with the different stakeholders and get the buy-in from the business leaders
Desired Skills and Experience
· BS Electrical Engineering degree
· 10+ years of experience or comparable technical knowledge through demonstrated work experience in Power Distribution Engineering
· Professional Engineering License preferred, but not required
· Solid understanding of building design, power generation plants, and/or distribution utility systems.
· CAD knowledge (preferred)
· Tools for Engineering Design/CEGIS software knowledge (preferred)
· Skilled in MS Office and/or MS Projects
· Proven ability to manage complex initiatives across multiple teams/platforms
· Must have demonstrated project management skills and have the ability to work independently
· Proven quantitative and analytical skill set
· Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited to, drug testing, reference verification and background check
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
· Must be willing to travel up to 5% of the time
· Must have a valid Driver’s License issued by a state within the U.S.