[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
BHI Energy is seeking an Electrical Engineer for a 1+ year contract assignment in Denver, Colorado.
- Responsible for the design, modeling, development and testing of substation communication systems related to SCADA/EMS and tele protection channels.
- Reviews standard substation drawings and equipment configuration requirements related to these systems, including RTU programming. Understands and applies standard engineering principles and communication protocols - particularly DNP and IP.
- Integrates designs to produce final product.
- Evaluates a design's overall effectiveness, cost, reliability, and safety. Investigates root causes of failures to maintain quality and recommend improvements.
- Implements sound cyber security architecture and configurations on substation devices.
- Applies NERC CIP compliance requirements.
- ABET accredited engineering degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering required. PE license preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented