Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 76657
Certified Weld Inspectors needed for direct hire position with private aerospace company in McGregor, TX. Great opportunity for a long-term career. Employee perks available and benefits offered!
• Shifts are subject to change
• Must be willing to work days, nights, weekends, and OT as needed
• Must be willing to travel extensively to remote sites for initial build and upgrades
• Pay is based upon experience and the results of a face-to-face interview
• Applicant will be subject to a background check
Certified Weld Inspector job description:
• Perform internal and external inspections to determine if a weldment meets the acceptance criteria of a specific code, standard, or document
• Use a computer to compile and submit data of acceptance or rejection of weld quality, as well as for inter-office communications
• Recommend and approve repairs as well as perform visual inspection of completed work
Requirements for Certified Weld Inspectors:
• Must have high school diploma or GED
• Must have a minimum three (3) years of experience in weld inspection as a CWI
• Must have current American Welding Society certification
• Must have a positive "can do" attitude
• Must have the ability to properly interpret codes and specifications in accordance with the drawing requirements
• Must have a keen eye for detail
• Must be familiar with GTAW, GMAW, electron beam welding, and laser beam welding
• Knowledge of friction stir welding is a plus
• Must be familiar with various aerospace materials such as aluminum (6061 and 2219), various grades of stainless steel, inconel, copper, etc.
• Must be able to complete Welding Procedures and Welder Qualification documentation
Additional requirements for Certified Weld Inspectors:
• Extensive knowledge of industry standards including AWS and ASME
• Working knowledge of NDE methodologies
• Must have your own reliable transportation
• Must be eligible to work in the United States
• Candidates will be subject to pre-employment drug screen
• Candidates will be subject to background check
Please respond with your updated resume today. You can also apply online at www.elwoodjobs.com. (Please apply to Merritt Island, FL branch)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
**A conviction record will not necessarily prevent you from being employed. You will be required to complete and submit a questionnaire. We will consider your age at the time of the offense, when the offense occurred, the seriousness and nature of the offense, as well as any rehabilitation to determine your employability.**
169 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.