Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
As a valve engineer, the successful candidate's expertise will provide valuable insight including evaluation of valves and valve test plans for compliance to aerospace standards such as NASA-STD-5017, “DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT REQUIREMENTS FOR MECHANISMS”, and SMC-S-016, “TEST REQUIREMENTS FOR LAUNCH, UPPER-STAGE AND SPACE VEHICLES”.
Activities will include (but not limited to):
* Review valve designs, tests and manufacturing data and create compliance matrices to aerospace standards such as NASA-STD-5017 and SMC-S-016.
* Provide risk assessments for areas of non-compliance and develop and present your position to Engineering Review Boards including recommendations to lower the risk.
* Interact with systems and component lead engineers including attending meetings, formulating recommendations, and developing integrated work packages.
* Perform on-site visits to review and provide comments on test set-ups such as thermal vacuum testing, and vibration testing.
To discover more about us:
* JSEG, google YesWeAreRocketScientists.com using your favorite search engine!
* The Huntsville area, visit http://www.Huntsville.org/
Degree in Engineering or related field from an ABET-accredited university is required. Typically, educational requirements are the equivalent of a Ph.D. with a minimum 2 years of experience; Masters with at least 4 years of experience, or a BS with at least 5 years of experience.
* Component (valves, lines, ducts) experience from either aerospace, aero-plane, industrial, or chemical systems is required
* Experience in specification, design, and testing of liquid rocket engine valves and actuators is strongly preferred
* Propulsion system component design, development, analysis, and verification testing
Office environment. Requires ability to provide clear, concise, accurate and timely communication, both verbally and in writing (100%). Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers, management, and client (100%). Requires travel in the domestic USA (<15%).
Requires sitting for extended periods of time in meetings with peers, management, and with our client at NASA facilities to discuss technical issues (10%). Also, requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk to write reports and perform engineering tasks (80%). Requires ability to use stairs or elevators for access between floors and multiple buildings at NASA and Jacobs facilities (10%).
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, fax machine, copier, calculator, and other general office equipment (100%).
Normal workday is from 7:30 a.m. through 4:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday. Minimal overtime may be required (10%) to meet schedule milestones and to support technical demands of the job. Regular attendance is a necessity and adequate arrangements for delegating duties during absences are required.
Other Essential Functions
The ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and to make rational decisions, and to exercise good judgment is essential (100%). Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Proof of U.S. Citizenship is required.
124 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.