Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
The Jacobs Space Exploration Group (JSEG) is looking for a Software Engineer to provide software engineering development, support, and integration to the NASA Space Launch Systems Core Stage Flight Software Development Team. The ideal candidate will possess skills to address the maturation and full release life cycle of software products for a man rated rocket guidance flight computer. Software products will conform to NASA Software Engineering Procedural Requirements (NPR 7150.2), as well as CMMI Level III processes. The candidate will be proficient in object-oriented design and development methodology, particularly C++, C and UML modeling techniques. Also the selected candidate will support program and design reviews, working groups, Review Boards, and Sprint development teams in line with an Agile Development Methodology.
The Jacobs Space Exploration Group (JSEG) offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally within a framework of strong leadership, competitive compensation, and rewarding career paths. Come join our team on the Engineering Services and Science Capability Augmentation (ESSCA) contract whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations!
To discover more about:
* JSEG, google YesWeAreRocketScientists.com using your favorite search engine!
* The Huntsville area, visit http://www.Huntsville.org/
Candidate shall have a Bachelor’s or higher level degree in aerospace, software, electrical, or a related engineering field or engineering discipline from an ABET accredited institution. Typically, educational requirements are the equivalent of a BS with at least 15 years’ experience working in software development environments.
* Strong software development skills in various languages (preferably Python, C, and C++)
* Experience in Database Development
* Good communication and design documentation skills
* Good leadership capability in issue tracking and task accountability within published schedules
* Software integration and functional processes to include target debugging, configuration management, issue tracking, and formal product release.
Desirable experiences include:
* Experience with software analysis processes, such as coding standard, static analysis, and branch coverage tools
* Experience working with COTS tool vendors (both open source and proprietary) and delivery and deployment of software support tools and platforms within a team environment. Examples would include Eclipse, Wind River Workbench, UML Modeling tools, DOORS Administration, Subversion Configuration Management.
* Experience with SharePoint, WIKI Page, or other HTML based server/group organization tools used in the support of a software organization.
* Experience leading/supporting a team in an Agile Development Environment.
* Software build and configuration automation using scripted languages such as Perl, python, bash, etc. and XML based tools.
* Experience developing solutions for large data set analysis
Office environment. Requires ability to provide clear, concise, accurate and timely communication, both verbally and in writing (100%). Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers, management, and client (100%). Requires travel in the domestic USA (<15%).
Requires sitting for extended periods of time in meetings with peers, management, and with our client at NASA facilities to discuss technical issues (10%). Also, requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk to write reports and perform engineering tasks (80%). Requires ability to use stairs or elevators for access between floors and multiple buildings at NASA and Jacobs facilities (10%).
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, fax machine, copier, calculator, and other general office equipment (100%).
Normal workday is from 7:30 a.m. through 4:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday. Minimal overtime may be required (10%) to meet schedule milestones and to support technical demands of the job. Regular attendance is a necessity and adequate arrangements for delegating duties during absences are required.
Other Essential Functions
The ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and to make rational decisions, and to exercise good judgment is essential (100%). Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Proof of U.S. Citizenship is required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
73 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.