[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 507404
Posted By: Jacobs Engineering Group
Posted On: 2018-11-02 02:39:28
Email Address: email@example.com
Link: Please Click Here to apply
Subject: JSEG Avionics Engineer (Mid Level) (AER0000SU)
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Jacobs is seeking an Avionics Engineer to join the Jacobs Space Exploration Group (JSEG) at NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, AL.
The successful candidate will:
* Provide assessment of both digital and analog electronics for space flight avionics, power systems, and ground support equipment. This may include switching power supplies, amplifiers, filters, sensor interfaces, microprocessors, microcontrollers, FPGAs, buffers, and memories.
* Provide avionics risk assessments and support trade studies.
* Participate in research, working group meetings, design reviews, and Engineering Review Boards when needed.
* Support development and testing of electronics and hardware for avionics power and communications.
The Jacobs Space Exploration Group (JSEG) offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally within a framework of strong leadership, competitive compensation, and rewarding career paths. Come join our team on the Engineering Services and Science Capability Augmentation (ESSCA) contract whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations!
To learn more about:
* JSEG, visit http://YesWeAreRocketScientists.com
* The Huntsville area, visit http://www.Huntsville.org/
Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field from an ABET-accredited university is required. Typically, educational requirements are the equivalent of a Ph.D. with a minimum 4 years of experience; Masters with at least 8 years of experience, or a BS with at least 10 years of experience.
Applicable experience will be in electronics design and development, including specification and design of avionics.
Other desired areas of experience are:
* Expertise in development of electronics, and electrical systems in harsh environments such as vacuum, and hard radiation.
* Capability to effectively interface with the other engineering teams on interfaces, configuration, mass, and power allocations.
* Demonstrated ability in critical thinking, effective communications, and problem solving skills.
* Experience with Sphinx computers and/or inertial measurement equipment a plus.
* Experience will be in electronics design, development, and/or testing, including EMI/RFI compatibility.
* Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, customer relation, and presentation skills are a strong requirement.
* A proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite competence (Word, Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
Office environment. Requires ability to provide clear, concise, accurate and timely communication, both verbally and in writing (100%). Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers, management, and client (100%). Requires travel in the domestic USA (<15%).
Requires sitting for extended periods of time in meetings with peers, management, and with our client at NASA facilities to discuss technical issues (10%). Also, requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk to write reports and perform engineering tasks (80%). Requires ability to use stairs or elevators for access between floors and multiple buildings at NASA and Jacobs facilities (10%).
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, fax machine, copier, calculator, and other general office equipment (100%).
Normal workday is from 7:30 a.m. through 4:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday. Minimal overtime may be required (10%) to meet schedule milestones and to support technical demands of the job. Regular attendance is a necessity and adequate arrangements for delegating duties during absences are required.
Other Essential Functions
The ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and to make rational decisions, and to exercise good judgment is essential (100%). Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Proof of U.S. Citizenship is required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
301 page view(s)