[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 517432
Posted By: GP Strategies/TTi Global
Posted On: 2019-03-12 00:04:01
Email Address: email@example.com
Subject: [Mechanical Designer] Mechanical Process Piping Design Engineering Talent needed
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 37260
Mechanical Design Engineer II Process Systems
Mechanical Design Engineers design, evaluate, analyze, and assist in the fabrication and installation of hardware across the complex, including process piping systems, drive systems, mechanisms, and test hardware. Mechanical design engineers work closely with test and system engineers in development of design requirements and ensuring proposed designs meet those requirements. Close coordination with manufacturing is required to ensure economic designs.
Some specific tasks associated with this type of work include (this is not an exhaustive list):
• Develop concepts for new piping systems and provide flow, flexibility, thermal, structural, or any other required analysis to support the proposed design. Evaluate the analysis results for suitability relative to applicable codes and standards.
• Provide engineering support to the appropriate craft workforce to facilitate maintenance and repair of existing systems. Evaluate existing hardware for safety, security and potential for improvement.
• Serve as the design point of contact or lead designer on larger, more complex projects. Work with the project managers and project engineers to ensure that design input into cost, schedule, and other project-level decisions is accurate and complete.
• Provide guidance to and check the work of less experienced engineers.
• Work with the design team (drafters, checkers, etc.) to produce complete design packages, including detailed drawings, analysis reports, and equipment specifications, and be capable of communicating the details of these design packages to the remaining project team (system engineers, test engineers, project managers, craft supervisors, etc.)
• Provide engineering guidance to support the procurement of pumps, valves, heat exchangers, pressure vessels, or other hardware necessary for the fabrication and installation of the proposed design.
• Coordinate with the appropriate system engineer, craft supervisor, and/or work planner to ensure that hardware is fabricated and installed in accordance with the approved design package.
• It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
• Perform other related duties as required.
• B.S. degree in chemical or mechanical engineering from an accredited college or university plus 5 - 10 years of experience in the design and analysis of process systems.
• Technical knowledge of engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering methods and construction methods and materials, and application of computer aided engineering (CAE)/computer aided design (CAD) tools to engineering problems.
• Experience with the design of complete piping systems including pumps, valves, heat exchangers, pressure vessels, and other related equipment.
• Experience performing flow and flexibility analysis of complete piping systems.
• Experience developing equipment specifications.
• Experience reading, interpreting, and creating detailed fabrication and installation drawings.
• Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
• Basic skill in oral and written communication.
• Experience with interactions with fabrication and machine shops.
• Familiarity with turbine and rocket test cells, wind tunnels, space chambers, and/or arc heater facilities; or other industry product test facilities is desirable.
• Familiarity with Caesar II software package.
• Familiarity with Applied Flow Technology (AFT) Arrow, Fathom and Impulse software packages.
• Familiarity with Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD software packages.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
69 page view(s)