[Scientist] Meteorologist, Atlanta, GA
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Johnson Service Group is currently recruiting candidates for a Meteorologist in Atlanta, GA 30354
Contract duration: 12+ months
• 2+ years of experience in weather forecasting and knowledge of both Upper Air and Surface Meteorology are necessary to analyze, summarize current and forecast future atmospheric conditions affecting airline operations worldwide.
• Education: BS in Meteorology or Atmospheric Science and/or equivalent military / aviation weather/forecasting training. Plus 2 years of weather forecasting experience (aviation industry experience a plus)
• Training available in Weather forecasting if candidate has all other qualifications.
• Coordinate collection and production of weather products for atmospheric related information, such as volcanic ash, tropical systems and space weather with external sources.
• Deliver accurate, timely and pertinent current and forecast information to decision makers (Dispatchers, Sector Manager, Pilots, Airport Customer Service representatives as well as all individuals responsible for the safety and efficiency of the operations and external customers)
• Knowledge of external government and private sources of weather observations and forecast
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to prepare and conduct scheduled and unscheduled written and verbal briefings.
• Practice safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
• Maintain concentration and focus under time and environmental pressure and be able to quickly respond to weather related operational requests.
• Work hours: Rotating shifts (morning/afternoon/evening/midnight/holidays and rotating days off) At times will need to have flexibility to work overtime.
Johnson Service Group is an EEO / An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer