[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Riley Power Group (RPG) is seeking first- class Sheet Metal Workers for a long-term position at Newport News Shipyard in Newport News, Virginia.
Minimum of three years commercial/ naval sheet metal experience as a first-class Sheet Metal Worker in the installation of foundations, ventilation, bulkheads, shipboard furniture and sheet metal fabrication shop work.
Skills & other Requirements:
• Ability to comprehend complex ventilation assembly drawings, blueprints, and sketches to include weld symbols, material types, datum and reference lines.
• Ability to comprehend fractional and decimal dimensions as with the use of a ruler.
• Ability to layoff piece parts for fabrication and assembly.
• Ability to assemble piece parts in accordance with specifications in a quality manner.
• Experience working in a physically demanding environment.
• Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
• Experience using small hand tools (electric drills, grinders, rivet guns), and shop equipment
• Must pass all pre-employment screenings including: respirator physical and all med quals, hair follicle drug-screen and background check.
• Rigger/ Material Handling
• Mobile Equipment (JLG, Scissor Lift, etc.)
RPG is a specialty welding company led by a seasoned management team with decades of applicable industry experience. RPG has a wealth of industry relationships and contracts that share a few common denominators: integrity, teamwork and safety. We offer benefits, per diem and a highly-competitive salary. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
To learn more or apply use our career portal: www.rileypowergroup.com/career-portal or call 910-420-6999 ext. 3