[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Riley Power Group (RPG) is seeking a skilled First Class Pipefitter (Experience: Three or more years as a marine, commercial nuclear, or petro/chem) for potential long-term positions at Newport News Shipyard in Newport News, Virginia. We offer benefits, per diem and a highly-competitive salary.
Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry or other industrial environments.
Required Experience / Qualifications:
1.Able to read and interpret ship piping drawings.
2. Experienced fitting carbon steel, CRES, and copper nickel piping.
3. Ability to end prep piping by hand and/or with Wach or Portsmouth Machine.
4. Knowledge in installing pipe hangers.
5. Ability to read a ruler using inches and tenths.
6. Ability to prep and fit-up backing rings.
7. Ability to clean cut/break pipe with a grinder.
8. Ability to hand prep V bevels.
9. Experience in fabrication of various details and assemblies from drawings.
10. Ability to bend pipe from template and in the use of a hand bender.
11. Ability to fit welded sockets.
12. Ability to fit brazed joints with/without insert ring.
Successfully pass all pre-employment screenings including: respirator physical and all medical qualifications, 3 month hair follicle drug-screen and 7-year work history/Residence History and life time (18th Birthday) criminal background check.
RPG is a specialty welding company led by a seasoned management team with decades of applicable industry experience. RPG has a wealth of industry relationships and contracts that share a few common denominators: integrity, teamwork and safety. We are looking forward to hearing from you! If you need assistance with your application, please contact our staffing department at (910) 420-6999 ext. 2
RPG provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws
Rev 4 - 8.2020