[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
* Performs a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and sub-assemblies such as modules, boards, panels, drawers, frames, and cables.
* Works from diagrams and drawings, makes initial layouts, and uses hand and/or power tools, jigs, and saws.
* Makes continuity checks on work in process and completed.
* May conduct quality inspections on processing line in accordance with quality specifications.
* May disassemble, modify, rework, reassemble, and test experimental or prototype assemblies and sub-assemblies according to specifications and under simulated conditions.
* Uses microscope to verify correct part placement and orientation, manually align parts before soldering and perform post re-flow inspection and touch-up.
* Able to identify and touch up poor wetted solder joints, solder voids / insufficient solder, solder shorts/ bridges, misaligned parts / leads, tombstoned and or billboarded components and any out solder defects that may occur during the SMT operation.
The Ideal candidate:
* Must be able to read instructions and identify standard SMT components.
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment where some overtime may be required.
* Must be able to sit for long periods of time and focus on tedious tasks.
* Must have basic computer skills and have the ability to use several windows based programs as part of your daily routine.
* Must have a minimum of 3 year of experience in a similar position and have above average surface mount and fine pitch soldering skills.
* Ability to work under a microscope for long periods of time to perform inspection / solder repair.
* Must be able to read and interpret assembly drawings.
* IPC-610 Certification
* IPC J-STD-001 Certification
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.