[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Aerospace Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Applies in-depth programming experience with complex tolerance parts. Collaborates with engineers regarding cutting tools, machine tools and process plans. Set up sequence of operation and tool paths on multi-axis milling machines, mill-turn, turning and other CNC machine tools (up to10 axis).
Position Duties and Responsibilities
• Reads and accurately interprets/understands prints, drawings, digital definitions, marked layouts, sketches, product specifications, engineering process plans, routing, and work instructions.
• Provides constructive input to engineering team regarding selection of cutting tools, process plans, work instructions and development of fixturing.
• Determines sequence of operations by studying blueprints, specifications, engineering process plans and work instructions.
• Develops most efficient process with consideration to robustness, cost and product quality.
• Programs tool paths for complex geometric parts to close tolerances +/- .0001.
• Works closely with Production personnel to prove out/revise new and existing programs and processes.
• Makes program changes to qualified/released CNC programs, as necessary, with authorization of responsible Engineer for the project to refine and optimize CNC programs.
• Inspects parts to ensure conformity to specifications in conjunction with quality personnel.
• Works as a team with engineering and manufacturing to troubleshoot and resolve programming and machining issues.
• Interfaces and supports production employees, supervisors, engineers, management, and vendors to complete assignments.
• Sets up and operates machine tools, as required, based on priorities and workload.
• Performs duties and responsibilities with a high degree of flexibility, attention to detail, and a focus on quality in a fast-paced contract-manufacturing environment.
• Utilizes a high degree of accuracy and precision in performing work according to instructions and specifications.
• Attends all trainings required by department, company and industry.
• Adheres to company policies, protocols and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent. Some trade school, ROP or other training or apprentice experience in CNC programming, CNC machining or machine technology is a plus. Training in Mastercam (X2) or equivalent CAD/CAM software.
• Proficient with ANSI Y 14.5 geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
• Experience in a fast paced, short production run environment preferred—experience with aerospace preferred, automotive, medical, dental, power generation or similar complexity is required.
• Experience as a CNC machinist with experience in the set up and operation of multi-axis mills, lathes and other equipment to produce close tolerance parts.
• Machinist experience that includes the ability to set up machine tools and operate and/or work in concert with and technically oversee machine operators to test run program and produce product.
• Experience maintaining close tolerances up to (±.0001).
• In depth experience using precision measuring tools such as micrometer, calipers, comparators, etc. Understanding of and experience with CMM inspection a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Proficient with applicable software applications (MasterCam, or equivalent software) and MS Office applications.
• Must possess a technical and mechanical aptitude, acquired through applied mechanics, engineering or in a job/machine shop, contract manufacturing, or comparable environment.
• Knowledge of manufacturing techniques and machine tools, measurement devices, shop mathematics, and materials and processes used in machining/manufacturing close tolerance metal parts.
• Knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean and Statistical Process Control Techniques a plus.
• Proficiency selecting cutting tools and programming tool paths for complex geometric parts to close tolerances +/- .0001.
• Ability to read and accurately interpret/understand prints, drawings, product specifications, digital definitions, engineering process plans, and work instructions.
• Ability to communicate effectively, sharing information, working cooperatively, and listening actively.
• Must be able to follow instructions and work effectively, both independently and as a member of a team.
• Must be comfortable working in a production-oriented environment, traveling throughout the plant to perform job duties.
• Ability to perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: (Typical physical demands and the work environment characteristics an employee must meet and encounter while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
• Position involves sitting at a desk (up to 2 - 4 hours/day) using the computer for data entry and other work applications.
• Ability to stand and walk occasionally (up to 4 -6 hours/day).
• Ability to occasionally lift and carry items (such as packages) up to 25 pounds.
• Ability to squat and kneel occasionally (up to 3 hours/day).
• Ability to climb stairs or step stools occasionally (up to 3 hours/day).
• Ability to reach with hands and arms occasionally (up to 3 hours/day) to remove materials from shelves.
• Ability to finger, grasp and feel objects occasionally (up to 3 hours/day).
• Fine hand manipulation of light-moderate strength is required for computer work.
• Requires close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less) for computer work and distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more).
• Must be able to speak/hear to fulfill verbal communications and respond to ringing telephones.
• Must be able to work extended hours per the demands of the business.
The above statements are intended to describe, in broad terms, the general functions and responsibility levels and characteristics of positions assigned to this classification. They should not be viewed as an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. Management has the right to change duties at any time to meet business needs.
Veridiam, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and takes pride in a diverse environment We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or handicap, disability, or any other legally protected status.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Veridiam will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations and self-development opportunities, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State Government. Veridiam is a Drug Free and Affirmative Action Employer.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/4ezl2GfKOWV5sLkgHJ6nm